WVHS coaches

alfred

I think that Coach Lewis and Elrod are good coaches they have not had a loosing season so what is the big problem?

As far as the other coach why did he leave rhea if he is so good? (Hmm)

Also why should a coach get the job by politics alone? I thought that sports were all about the kids?

Last I heard Coach Lewis is staying 3 more years. :confused:

so far it is just a rumor, however if WVHS is going to make a change it would be nice to know before the end of the school year so those kids who are making up their minds on where to go next year could do so- it is my understanding that unless there is a change, some pretty talented kids will choose another school

Why would Lewis leave WVHS? His team was second in the district, the same as the girls team. Both were second behind a McMinn Central team that made it to the substates and no farther. Both girls and boys beat Central during the year. Why would Lewis leave? He has Kugler and McGuire coming back. Is it that somebody is undermining him and wanting him to leave? I think he does a great job with what he has. If he leaves my guess would be that Elrod would be the coach. Why would they not give him the first chance at it. And if you want to get rid of a coach because of his record, are you also planning on replacing the football coach there? Evidently there are a couple of parents who are disgrunteled with Playing time and are wanting him to quit or there is a certain coach there that people want in. There is NO reason that Lewis should quit or be asked to quit. If the players from other schools are going to WVHS because of a coach then they need to go somewhere else. Maybe they can try playing at Bradley. I don't think so!!

Look at WVHS boys record, and look who they played. They did a good job considering the out of district games that they played. Like I said they were second in district and so were the girls. Whats the difference? The girls had a better record? Records against weak teams? I think the school should be in support of Lewis and his staff or get rid of all coaches who did not have extraordinary seasons.

I have watched Coach Lewis coach for six years now and I am very much impressed with the job that he does. He has always got the best out of his players. While at Bradley Junior his teams won the district year after year. Watching what he has done at WVHS, I think he has done a great job. He works his players hard and expects them to commit to playing. There are some players and parents that cannot handle that. He is trying to get WVHS to be at the top and to do that he needs players who will commit. The other area schools that excel don't excel by not committing. Like Nick, I am in total support of David Lewis and Franklin Elrod and hope that they do not leave WVHS. They are both classy persons who do not turn their back on people just because they disagree with them or go to other schools. For those of you who do not want to play for him, my advice is to NOT play for him. Play at the YMCA, transfer schools, or play soccer. But don't drag a good man and good coach down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It it people like you all on here that get rumours started that are untrue and that can hurt people. Also, why would a two year school get rid of one coach and not several others. Coach Lewis was second in his district. Not too many teams can say that they were second in the district. Do you think that all teams that were second or below should get rid of the coach? If so, there will be several coaches on "your" list!!!!!

[Edited by tnwareagle on 4-23-03 10:57A]

Ask the players? Is the dog wagging the tail or the tail wagging the dog???? Contrary to popular belief, players don't always know what's best. I saw WV play just once this year and had never seen them play in the past. They were not world-beaters, but I thought they played hard and were coached well. I know to form a complete opinion on a coach and his/her team from just one game is a stretch.......but that is my unbiased opinion based on what I saw.

Just curious if you think that ALL the coaches at Walker Valley should be forced to leave for not having a winning record or is it just one particular one. Maybe Coach Lewis should schedule a weaker schedule next season so he could have a winning record since that is all you seemed concerned about. Not that I really care what happens either way I just think it is pretty funny that you are so down on him. Is it just that you want one to take his place. Well the logical one is Elrod and if Lewis leaves and Elrod does not get a shot at the job then that is low-life. And how ridiculous is it to say to let the boys pick at coach. You are referring to 16-17 year old boys picking a basketball coach??? Why not let the students pick their own teachers too. If one is too hard on them then let them get rid of that teacher and hire one to the students liking? I think you are just somebody wanting to start something or you are somebody whose kid didn't play enough.

tophat, You can discuss whatever you'd like but when others don't agree with you don't get upset when they let you know. Why is it you want Lewis gone? If he does leave why shouldn't Elrod take his place? Why do you want Moore? Why isn't Moore coaching anywhere right now? Just curious.