BA Game Today

Guest coolio21

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kerr228- I am not gonna talk trash about Father Ryan today, b/c we play them today, and I don't want to jinx anything. Actually Father Ryan has really good players. Amanda Derrick is one of my best friends, but Jr. Olympic team? I don't think I would take it that far. I do think that Father Ryan has a def. advantage over BA considering BA just lost their star player (Sara Meek), and Ryan's pitcher is a veteran senior. Yeah they should kill BA, but they didn't. So when BA ties a team that in all actuality should beat them, yeah they should be happy. Congratulations BA.

Do they teach people how to read at Ezell? The last score between FR and BA was 7-1 in Father Ryan's favor. I thought I was being modest when I said Junior Olympic Team. They are unreal. Amber Hiltz and Diane Shelton remind me of a female version of the "M&M" boys. For those who don't what I'm talking about, I'm referring to Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris. Amber Hiltz is a diamond queen and has a freaking cannon at second base. Diane Shelton reminds me more each day of female Mickey Mantle. The scary thing is Shelton is only a freshman. She will easily be the starting catcher for TEAM USA by the time she is sophomore next summer for the 2004 Olympics. Start your praying........

Kerr, instead of telling a BA team who has been nothing but encouraging to "shut their mouths," perhaps you should shut yours before trashing another team. Not only do you bash Brentwood Academy, but you obnoxiously question the intelligence of a fellow softballer who was nothing but respectful and mature. If you wish to gain any respect or credibility on this site, you might want to tone down the rhetoric a bit.

Father Ryan is very good, in my opinion the best in D2. I am in no way speaking out against them, but instead I wish to ensure that those who trash other teams will be held accountable for their words. Consider yourself so held.

[Edited by WesVols on 4-29-03 1:41P]

I think all this team and player bashing has gone too far ! If we can't say something positive or helpful, please stay off this board ! I love this game and watching all the players over the years has given me lots of memories. Let's all stay objective instead of turning our personal opinions into FACT ! These players & coaches work hard to achieve their goals. Let's not tarnish that hard work by slinging "e insults" all over the internet. I will applaud the 4 state winners left standing in Southaven no matter who wins.

Welcome... You've got rail!

All I see on this post is folks shaming other teams for sportsmanship, or lack-of... I think that the girls softball team at Brentwood Academy shouldn't recieve so much downplay. As Blondie said, :D they ARE a class act. I enjoy watching the games as I leave school. And there is nothing that would deter me from spectating (except for the in-dugout chants). Peace y'all...

-Whit

BA is a great team to play. They are very nice, and very fun to compete against b/c they work hard, but they do it the right way. Coach Lockeridge is also very polite. I have fun playing them, especially Leigh Little. Wow, what a player!

Ryan is the same way. I had a great time in the 3 innings we played them in today. I got to joke with Mandy, which is always fun, Katherine is a GREAT person to play against. She is really sweet. Amber and Becky are awesome too. I think that was looking like a really good game! Good Luck to Ryan the rest of the year.

WesVols, it's very clear that I got inside your head. Trashing another team is part of any sport. If you can't handle being dissed don't play any sports or cheer. You can hold me accountable for every word I type on this message board. I'm sorry my life doesn't revolve around Coacht.com. The last thing I could care about is whether or not I get credibility on a website. Sorry I have a life and I don't spend every breathing moment on this website or the computer. Hey WesVols, go outside...... the graphics are great!

wesvols goes outside alot...i have seen him at many sporting events..including BA softball games. at least he doesnt have to get onto a website like coacht and diss other teams. i think he does a great job. i am sure he could say some mean things about other people or teams but he is mature enough not to.