Who Will Win State in AAA?

Guest hvillefan

yes, both have played against national ranked teams...... thats why those teams are no longer ranked nationally......bearden played cbhs last year anyways and won......and played hendersonville last year in preseason and won 9-0...........farragut played two teams from GA were at one point ranked nationally this season......also when bearden beat ridgeway and houston, they were both ranked nationally

[Edited by bhswins41 on 5-1-03 5:12P]

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mrfun, you're a funny guy. The only team you mention that you actually have a case for is CBHS. When you look at the others and compare common opponents and results, there is no comparison.

Keep telling yourself that Farragut and Bearden haven't played anybody and are really not that strong. See ya in Memphis.

hey buddy, last year is last year, and there is only two undefeated teams left, and bearden is not one of them... The only reason Farragut and Bearden are so good, is because all the players in knoxville go to only 2 schools. In Nashville the good players go to many schools such as BGA, MBA, Hendersonville, Brentwood, Franklin, BA, Clarksville, Father Ryan, FRA, Blackman (an up and comer). This is why they cannot stack two teams like in knoxville.

What are you talking about? First you state "all the players in knoxville go to only 2 schools", then you compare Nashville and Knoxville by using a bunch of schools that aren't even in Nashville. You mention 10 schools and only 3 of them are even IN Nashville. There are plenty of good players in other Knoxville and surrounding area schools. Catholic, CAK, Oak Ridge, Lenoir City, McMinn Co., all field some pretty decent players. And your "stacking" accusation is ridiculous. Bearden and Farragut are both public schools. The kids that go to those schools live in those districts. How is that "stacking"? I believe the private schools you mentioned could more likely be accused of stacking than Bearden and Farragut.

Since you apparently don't have one, let me give you a clue; there are more people in Nashville so naturally there should be more good soccer players spread out over more schools. Just like there are more good soccer players spread out over more schools in the Atlanta area than around Nashville.

Besides, your whole argument sounds like a child whining when he doesn't get his way. The reason Bearden and Farragut are good is because they have good players and good coaches...period. No recruiting, no stacking, no paying out the nose for coaches, training or facilities, nothing mysterious or questionable. Just a few years of excellent talent concentrated in a relatively small area. Live with it.

[Edited by Seldon on 5-2-03 8:31A]

[Edited by Seldon on 5-2-03 9:14A]

Seldon is absolutely correct. Because of a far smaller population base than Nashville and Memphis, East Tennessee's top Knoxville-based club players ('85 Select, Impact '86, Knights '86, Knoxville Fire '87, Select '87, Impact '87 and others) are spread out widely among many schools including Knoxville Catholic, Lenoir City, CAK, West, South Doyle, Karns, Webb, Gibbs, Maryville, McMinn Co., Morristown West, Science Hill, University High, and many others. Bearden and Farragut have more than a fair share of excellent players but far from "all" or even most of Knoxville's club talent. They are excellent teams with very fine coaches and I bet, if it ends up being possible, that they'll play each other for the AAA championship. I don't think any other AAA team comes close to them except, maybe, Hendersonville and other than AAA, Christian Brothers (DII) is the only other team in the state I think is in their league. I do agree with Mrfun that, overall, their schedules are not very strong even though they have played a few very good teams. That's a problem all AAA teams tend to face because they are somewhat limited in who they can schedule. The weaker teams allow them to run up big goal numbers they could never get if they played tougher opponents more regularly. Nevertheless, they are really outstanding teams.

[Edited by hoya75 on 5-2-03 10:01A]

Ive come to the conclusion that mrfun is a complete idiot. Your comments have no basis, and all you do is talk up your team, whoever the heck it is. If Farragut can beat #3 in AAA Dobyns-Bennett 8-0, there is either something very wrong with the ranking system, or FHS is just that good. Bearden poses a huge threat to FHS. I will guarantee it will be one of those 2 teams to win STATE. You heard it here.

[Edited by DaMaBa on 5-2-03 10:27A]

I need to know how come Clarksville wasnt mention any of the post about being a contender for the AAA title? They were runner ups last year and they are a perenniel power every year. This year thier record is like 20-1. That lost coming to Brentwood I believe. So why not Clarksville?

Now that TSSAA has allowed 8 teams to go to state and region losers to go to sub-state, I'm trying to understand how this will work. Here's what I've got:

Region 1 Winner vs Region 2 runner up

Region 2 winner vs Region 1 runner up

and so on. Ok, so 2 teams from each region go through. Here's my problem. Lets say that Region 1 Winner wins and Region 1 runner up wins. Will they play eachother in the quarterfinals of state? This raises an interesting subject. Lets use the great teams of Farragut and Bearden as examples. As you all know, these teams are in the same district. Most likely they will meet in the finals of that district. The winner plays the runner up of the opposing district, and the loser will play the winner of the other district. Still with me???

Farragut and Bearden both win their game, and play eachother again in the region finals. Then we put into play the new sub-state system. Here's where I'm seeing problems. If both Farragut and Bearden win, will they have to play a third time in these playoffs??? Hopefully they will do something different,

lets say this(teams I'm picking are purely for the purposes for this post):

Ok, here are my picks for State

From Region 1 and 2: Farragut and Bearden

From Region 3 and 4: Blackman and Mcminn Co.

From Region 5 and 6: Hendersonville and Brentwood

From Region 7 and 8: Houston and Germantown

ok, there are the teams that make it. Now like i said before, it would be a shame to see Farragut and Bearden play so soon. Here's what I think should happen. Now since the beginning of High School soccer here, the record during the season is only important for district seeding. What if those season records had play for state seedings! For simplicity sake, lets show how seedings would be played out. Here's how seedings would be set:

1. Farragut 17-0

2. Hendersonville 11-0-3

3. Bearden 17-1

4. Brentwood 15-1

5. Clarksville 17-1(record is better than Bwood, but Bwood beat them.

6. Mcminn Co. 12-1-1

7. Houston 10-5-2

8. Germantown???????(soccerinfo doesn't have their record :)

then it just plays out easy.

1 vs 8

4 vs 5

3 vs 6

2 vs 7

This way, the best teams play later on in the state tourney. I don't know if they have something else figured out, this is just something i decided to put together.