Collinwood, Cloudland, South Pitt , Bruceton Views

In all likelihood, Plan 3 a total split will be the outcome. I would be genuinely interested in what the views of the better 1A Public Football Programs would be.

With only 3 classifications, the state championship is still going to be tough for the smaller rural publics as there will be some pretty tough competition from some of the larger schools.

[Edited by OnlineLC on 5-1-03 10:23P]

pujo,

Thanks for your input. I do believe the multiplier option is the best one for the rural schools.

I can't imagine for one minute that the larger classifications will vote for that though.

Posted by pujo:

If we are trying to level the playing field,I can,t see how making a school with 200 students play people with 550 to 600 students would help,we,d be just as well off to leave it the way it is.

A multiplier only moves the problem from A to AA.

Pujo, I remember 2001 when a decent Cloudland team (enrollment 220) came from behind to beat a decent Oliver Springs team (enrollment 510) 24-20. I think the gap between publics w/ 200 students and publics w/ 500 students is closer than small publics and small privates.

OSHSman is right. I understand PUJO's comments, but PLAN II will simply move the problem and the debate to AA and AAA. There are some good AA football programs (like Oliver Springs) but there are also some weak ones. I think most "good" 1A programs can compete with most AA public schools across the state. I feel that this plan will have the best chance of passing (There is also some talk about "bumping up" the public classification up to four).

Thanks Pujo, but you know what? I just don't think most folks get it. Not many schools are as rural as ours. I just dont know if they ever will.

PUJO<--------------------- gonna be a daddy!!!!!!!!! WOO HO!!!!!!!! I know what YOU been up to this winter!!! Hehe sorry could not help myself! :D