Team

Cougar4Life

brentwood high school, who is supposed to be a good team, lost to hickman county last night in districts. they are now in the loser's bracket where they belong. way to go lady bulldogs. their team chokes when it comes down to it. SOME PLAYERS did not hit that the plate as well as they should have while their middle infield should have been playing better defense. too bad for their 3 seniors that this next game may just be their last. i guess you guys aren't very cocky right now huh? maybe if you would get your heads out THE SKY and play some ball you would be good team. it stinks when teams have the talent and they dont use it. if you guys expect an easy game to get to the championship, then you are thinking wrong. in order to get there you are going to have to play the best softball you have played all year, which i dont even know if that will do it for you or not stop focusing on how injured or whatever you may be and just play. lay it all on the line. i have heard so many people say how good BHS is going to be...well i haven't seen ANYTHING lately from you guys, why don't you step it up and really give people something to talk about. play some better softball brentwood and get over your cockiness, it might help you.

Edited by QueenBee

cougar4life- You a little jealous of BHS?? Sounds like it! Why don't you just worry about your team and leave them alone to do their own thing. I play with 3 of them in the summer. They are not cocky at all. They are some of the most fun people ever to play with. I have actually never heard ANYONE call Allison Tyree cocky. It kinda makes me laugh b/c she is quite the opposite! And Kelly Major is the nicest person you could ever talk to.

I love playing with her and being around her. I talk trash to her all the time, and she never will talk back to me. Yeah, that's cocky. lol. And I am not even going to get into Kelly Tyree... LOL, I love you cousin Kels! So cougar4life... get over it!

BHS- Good luck in the rest of the year. You guys are fine. Just do your thang!!!!

the funny thing is that brentwood high is one of the least cockiest teams out there. cougar4life, where do you come up with stuff? i agree that your post actually has pumped me up, if you are from centennial, i am really going to enjoy playing you now. you said "give people something to talk about"...obvisouly we have given you something to talk about, so way to go us! well best of luck in the upcoming days! and dont worry...my team is ready to PLAY!

Everybody needs to go back and look a little closer at the post from cougar4life. Notice that this is his first and only post. Also notice that he just became a member today. Then note that his screen name is clearly intended to label him as someone from Centennial. How many times have you seen posts on this board from Centennial? Brentwood people post all of the time. Reread the post. It is clearly intended to make Centennial look cocky and to fire up Brentwood. I would be very surprised if you ever hear from this poster again!

I doubt very seriously if cougar4life is a player or someone officially connected with either Brentwood or Centennial softball. He sounds like an out of control fan, probably a student, trying to stir something up. Both Brentwood and Centennial deserve better than this. Both schools have worked hard for years to develop reputations for being competitive on the field and showing good sportsmanship both on and off of the field. Neither deserves to have that reputation smeared by this kind of juvenile prank on a public forum. Regardless of which school he attends, cougar4life owes both schools an apology. I won't be holding my breath waiting for it though. I just urge the readers of this board not to allow his ill-advised post to influence your opinions of either of these excellent programs.

sbcoach:

No one associated with HC did any trash talking to B'wood before the season or early in the season. We had players and coaches make it clear that the trash was not coming from anyone associated with the HC program.

Your post seems to insinuate that this may be HC also. Believe me that is not the case.

We have immense respect for B'wood; and until they have 2 losses in this dist. tour. they are the team to beat.

If HC faces B'wood again, we know we will have to play our "A" game. But that is the case no matter who we play.

sbcoach - I don't see how you can bring Hickman County into this. If you reread the original post, it is clearly intended to fire up Brentwood. How can that benefit Hickman County? I read everything on here regarding 11AAA, and I cannot recall Hickman County ever talking any trash about Brentwood. Hickman County has never shown me anything but class, and they have already assured themselves of a regional berth. What motivation could they possibly have to stir things up between Centennial and Brentwood. (And how many Hickman County fans do you think know or care how many seniors are on Brentwood's team?)

If you read the posts following the original, you will see that it did exactly what it was intended to do, fire up Brentwood. After trying to get them mad in the first part of the post, the remainder is basically a pep talk. In fact, if you reread the entire post and imagine the Brentwood coach giving it as a speech after a hard loss, it would be a pretty effective postgame speech. It is just unfortunate that it was given on a public forum. I certainly am not implying that it was posted by a Brentwood coach, they all have way too much class for that. Probably a frustrated fan who thought that the coach didn't come down hard enough on them after the game. Regardless, it shouldn't be allowed to tarnish the image of Brentwood or Centennial's softball program, and it certainly should not reflect in any way on Hickman County.

Edited by fpjunkie

SBCOACH--YOU SHOULD NOT ACCUSE SOMEONE IF YOU DON'T KNOW. I HAVE NO CLUE WHO YOU ARE, BUT IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO ME I AM THE ONE SCREAMING AND YELLING LIKE SOMEONE WHO HAS LOST HER MIND EVERY TIME WE WIN A GAME. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO WE ARE PLAYING. YOU REALLY SHOULDN'T JUDGE PEOPLE UNTIL YOU KNOW THEM. YOUR POST IS WHY I DO NOT WANT MY DAUGHTER READING ON THIS FORUM. WE HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR ALL THE TEAMS IN OUR DISTRICT. I HAVE NO CLUE WHY SOMEONE FROM HICKMAN CO. WOULD WANT EITHER OF THESE TEAMS THAT FIRED UP. WE ARE VERY PROUD OF OUR GIRLS. THEY ARE DOING AN AWESOME JOB. THEY HAVE WORKED VERY HARD TO BE WHERE THEY ARE RIGHT NOW. I AM SORRY YOU LOOK AT US AS THE NEW KID ON THE BLOCK. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY WE WERE 3RD IN DISTRICT LAST YEAR. I THINK I WOULD REMEMBER HOW OVERTON BEAT US TO PUT US OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT. MY HEART WAS POUNDING AS HARD THEN AS IT WAS TUESDAY.

FYI-ONE OF THE PITCHERS IS MY DAUGHTER.

I'm pretty sure the orginal post was put on here just to cause even more controversy....so no one should take this post to heart b/c the CHS softball team isn't a/b that..all we wanna do is play..and everything else will speak for itself...i mean does it honestly matter..in some ways yes and some ways no..the only two that will have anything to say in the end of the district tourney will be the champs and the runner-up....so let's just put it all to rest and PLAY BALL

there's a saying: "if u your feet were as fast as your mouth you'd be an all-star"