Trips to the Mound

PageMan

In Page's game with Marshall Co. last night, the Marshall Co. coach made three trips to the mound during the game for the same pitcher. I thought you had to change pitchers at the 3rd trip, but the umps let him remain. I don't have a NFHS rule book so does anybody know? I bet davidlimbaugh has a link for me.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<i >"u cant protest in high school. another incident happened to us last year and we has meetings with people from tssaa and they said that we were "right" but you cant protest the game "</i >

Huh???

May 11, 2001 Murfreesboro Daily News Journal:

http://dnj.midsouthnews.com/news.ez?viewStory=43081

TSSAA rules in favor of Riverdale, Warriors declared district champions.

By Steve Heath / Prep editor

ONLINE EDITOR'S UPDATE: Friday morning the TSSAA upheld Riverdale's protest of Thursday night's second game and declared the Warriors the champions of the District 7-AAA District Tournament. See Saturday's DNJ Connects for complete details.

and May 12 DNJ:

http://dnj.midsouthnews.com/news.ez?viewStory=43111

Decision on rule favors Riverdale:

Use of ineligible pitcher eliminates Oakland

By Steve Heath / Prep editor

Friday, the TSSAA made it official. There will be a new Class AAA state baseball champion this year.

Due to the use of an ineligible player, Oakland — the two-time Class AAA defending state champion — was forced to forfeit its District 7-AAA tournament championship game victory and berth into the Region 4-AAA tournament to city rival Riverdale.