DII Region @ MBA Slowest Meet in History

RedUp

How did Ben do in disc and his other events? I know he vaulted 14'. Did he triple jump and throw the shot? I'm glad he did well considering he is just coming off yet another hamstring injury, and missed the sectional decathlon because of it, which he would have won.

I believe he finished 2nd in the disc with a 135 (?) and I don't think he threw shot. I don't follow him or BGA that closely, but certainly appreciate his passion for the events and his technical skills. Too bad he missed his senior year of decathlon.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben won the discus. Matt Morrisey won the triple jump. I believe Ryan Karl might of won the shot put. All out of BGA. They complete the track events tomorrow.

I thought Pilkerton from MBA won the disc. I could be wrong. Matt Bubis of MBA won the shot, with Nick Forte of BA finishing second.

how far did bubis throw?

Don't quote me on it...I think it was 45'6". Forte threw 45'. Sorry I don't have all the exact performances...they haven't been published yet and I'm going from second hand info. Sure would be great if someone who actually knows all the marks would chime in.

Edited by itzme

Timing does not explain why the HJ and PV started at 3:30 and the running started @ 7.

If athletes are going to double, triple and quadruple that's great. This does not mean that you hold up the entire meet so one kid can get in his last triple jump before hurdling.

Enough said.

Results:

http://www.montgomerybell.com/~comptob/mee...eets/d2html.htm

Cannon Kinnard got 14, and he ended up 6th because everyone did well at the meet in pole vault - Jeff Synder got 14'6 and he was 2nd behind Ralls

BA has a 5 point lead on us after field - but anything can happen! D2 middle region is pretty tight competition between BGA, BA, and us(MBA) should be fun - and quicker than Tues.

Cannon Kinnard got 14, and he ended up 6th because everyone did well at the meet in pole vault - Jeff Synder got 14'6 and he was 2nd behind Ralls

BA has a 5 point lead on us after field - but anything can happen! D2 middle region is pretty tight competition between BGA, BA, and us(MBA) should be fun - and quicker than Tues.

Well, that's an interesting take. Actually, my best guess is that this will end up a blowout for BA, but one never knows.