Centennial vs. Blackman

boneal52

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel didnt go to spring practice and is questioning whether he is going to play this season or not.

Matt dawson looked a lot better than last year. He seemed more relaxed and completed a few good passes.

Durrel is stronger than ever and should be one of the teams dominant leaders.

Edited by Fullback49

Hey boneal52,

Sorry we didn't get together. I got into the scrimmage and just plain forgot to look for you. :D(lol) As for the scrimmage it was a good one after Centennial's first set of downs! We're in a new defense and after we settled down it was a pretty even scrimmage. First of all a spring scrimmage means absolutely nothing!! As far as how the coaches chose their plays you have to remember this is just a "spring scrimmage." Both teams just ran the basics and got as many players into the game as possible, that's what spring is for after all! They're trying to see who can possibly fill in the vacated spots. And as for the fight you are exactly right it's immaturity, which Blackman is full of thanks to graduation! We'll have alot of underclassmen on the field this year. I just hope they mature QUICK! Those guys that were talking about the fight earlier were freshman, please overlook them, we were all young at one time or another!(eons ago for me, lol) ;)

Edited by slim589

Slim - I couldn't agree with you more about it being "just a Spring Scrimmage"...because that's exactly what it is, coaches don't call a wide variety of plays that they would in a game...and after 2 or 3 series the 1st String comes out

But what these Scrimmages do is set a mental picture in each of these teams heads, of what their season will be like....it either gives them confidence going into Summer Practice (which could end up hurting them) or it can knock them back a step or two....but what it comes down to is how they react to the challenge