AAA STATE TOURNAMENT

FLTNBaseball7

Who makes up the bracket as to WHO PLAYS WHO??? I think they could have done a better job in lining up a TRUE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME... I mean geezz look at bracket 1 with Farragut (44-1), Houston (31-6), Hendersonville (31-7), and Riverdale (37-5)..... Then look at bracket 2 Mt. Juliet (34-9), Munford (21-14-1), Oakland (29-14), and Sullivan East (29-10).... Why did you put the 4 most dominant team in the same bracket??? That's not a true STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! you're making them knock each other out before the state championship game!!!! I understand that you dont want to have two teams from the same district playing against each other... that's very understandable... i believe that the REAL 8 team bracket should be.... bracket 1 Farragut (44-1), Munford (21-14-1), Riverdale (37-5), and Mt. Juliet (34-9) and in bracket 2 Houston (31-6), Oakland (29-14), Hendersonville (31-7), and Sullivan East (29-10)... THAT"S HOW IT SHOULD LOOK..... that way its equal for the top teams with the least amount of losses possibly play for the state championship!!!! anyone else agree with me on this topic of discussion????

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The brackets were decided long ago before anyone knew who the better teams would be. Your other options are a blind draw or having the TSSAA rank the teams. Neither of those are good options, either, but you are right in that it would appear that the stronger teams are in the same bracket this year.

Farragut will tatoo Houston's ace, as well as any other pitcher in high school baseball. Give them a little more credit than that.

Houston has one ace, Farragut has three. There is your difference, and the Admiral's pitching staff will be the dominating force in this year's tournament. Come back to this board when it is all said and done and quote me on that one.

i believe the brackets were done to the best of the tssaa's ability. if the teams like farragut hendersonville houston county and riverdale were on the other side of the bracket that teams fans would be happy. the one thing i got to say is watch out for the dark horse mt. juliet. i promise u they will surprise a lot of people in the aaa state championship. also i think they got a good seed bc mj has beaten hendersonville and riverdale already this year. so they diserve a good place in the bracket.

I am not from Mt. Juliet, but I think they are the best team in their bracket. In the other bracket, the stronger team will prevail. You can throw all the hype and stats and talk out the window. Anybodys ballgame. Any one of the four teams could win.

i believe the brackets were done to the best of the tssaa's ability. if the teams like farragut hendersonville houston county and riverdale were on the other side of the bracket that teams fans would be happy. the one thing i got to say is watch out for the dark horse mt. juliet. i promise u they will surprise a lot of people in the aaa state championship. also i think they got a good seed bc mj has beaten hendersonville and riverdale already this year. so they diserve a good place in the bracket.

that was not right at all because farragut killed mt j. i believe 10-0

You cannot tell who is going to win because the midstate has beat up on each other. Hendersonville has split with Mt. Juliet, beat Oakland by 7, beat Riverdale by 4, swept Brentwood, beat Lavergne 4 out of 5, won their district by beating Mt. Juliet by 7, losing to Mt. Juliet in the regionals by 3, and so on. Every one else in the Mid state has had the same problem of playing each other. Good luck to all of the midstate teams, including Oakland, because they don't back down from anyone. It is hard to have as good a record as Farragut, but bragging about beating Mt. Juliet one game is RIDICULOUS. Let Farragut play any one of the midstate schedules and I don't believe their record would be as good. Still, my vote is for Farragut until we prove them wrong. :D

Edited by anders

the game against farragut was a fluke. the bears had played 2 or 3 games that day before they played farragut. mj was down to their jv pitchers. we had them pretty good until the fourth when their team started hitting JV PITCHING. so the 10-0 score is really not a fair bet.