A/AA STATE TOURNAMENT

crombie85

I saw CCS play Kingston and Sweetwater early in the season, and wasn't extremely impressed. I still think any of the teams CCS, FRA, LC, or Ridgeway have could win state in this very hard-to-call season. I even predicted CCS to beat FRA in OT on several message board topics, but I'm starting to feel like FRA is going to win it in OT.

I also wasn't impressed with CSAS, who played CCS very close 3 times.

P.S. You should read my "Comments by JumpAround" topic. No harsh words intended. I just wanted to clarify the CSAS team that I witnessed Saturday night.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our team is a lot different this year, a lot more skill, but less heart. Im not saying we don't have desire, we have tons, but that team freshmen year won games off of a lot of heart, and hard work. Now this years team has equal, if not better work ethic than freshmen years team, but i think since we are younger, we arn't as scared. we don't have as much to lose. most all are coming back next year, so there isn't a lot of stress. now on the other hand, we want to win, i told the girls team that if they won, which they did, that we would win... now im stuck in my promiss, lol i'm just looking forward to playing quality teams. hope that helps with the analysis... see ya there!!!!

I'm saying FRA all the way. Theyve got so much skill, and despite what their keeper thinks, a lot of heart too. When you add the incredible coaching of Ken McDonald, best in the state in my opinion, you have a team that shouldn't lose. But, when you get to this level, anything can happen, so you never know....

yeah, good game to LC, haven't heard much about the game itself yet, but a lot of our guys were saying this was gonna be a really tough one, and weren't looking forward to playing them as early.

hopefully we can keep on playing and win some rings this year :lol:

its too bad i can't be down there drumming for them though......we couldn't afford the hotels.

Just a note about the state tournament in A-AA. Congratulations to the Ezell Harding squad who, only in their fourth year of having a soccer program, made it to the state tourney and advanced to the semifinals only losing 2-1 to a good CAK team. The seniors (Austin Brunhoeber, Jeremy Walker, Jacob Burney, Andy Frizzell, JT Thompson, Austin Henderson, Mark Lucas) who began this program as freshmen, and took a few whippings, had a great year and should be proud of what they accomplished. Also, three of these seniors (Austin Henderson, Jacob Burney & JT Thompson) finished as state tournament runners-up in basketball twice, and won a state championship in football.