AA Title

jlmerrill

David Lipscomb looked very solid aganist East Ridge.

Lenoir City plays tough defense.

Greenbrier might surprise, and has some speed.

Gibbs has the experience, but have come up short in several games this year.

Camden can hit the ball.

Covington can play the short game better than the competition nearly every time.

I think Brighton and Marshall Co. might be a little out of ther element.

Final answer? Dang if I know. :huh: AA and AAA probably the closest state tournament in years with respect to talent and total team play.

Edited by PureFP

Disagree with your comment on Brighton, I think they are a great hitting team.. As for Marshall County being out of our element, we are a very young team and hopefully will be back to the fling with a year of experience under our belt. Haven't seen Greenbrier play, but Megan Rhodes will be tough to beat. She can really bring it.

I just think what is great is that as of today (thursday) the two teams in the winners bracket are both from 8AA. Being an alumnus from a school in that district, I have to give respect to the teams that play state champion caliber teams all season long. From Lipscomb and Greenbriar, to Hume Fogg (state tourney last year along with lipscomb, and win against Gibbs this year) and Macon Co. (beat both Lipscomb and Hume Fogg this year in regular season and tournament play), it is OBVIOUS that this is the best and hardest district to play in. Congrats to all the girls that play such a tough schedule. It could have been any two this year in the tournament. Good luck to Lipscomb and Greenbriar.

I say Greenbriar wins it all though, just my thoughts.

Greenbrier only has three seniors....granted they are key players on this team.....but they also have a strong freshman class this year as well.

I would expect to see them back the next couple of years.

Today is the showdown with district rival Lipscomb.......Go Ladycats! :lol:

i luv everyone in my district...8AA...because we are the bomb.. even tho i played for hume fogg, i wish Greenbrier and Lipscomb the BEST..yall must get first and second...bring some recognition to 8AA, thanks you guys!! Wish i could be there today to watch the game, but I'll hear all about it from Ahop--sorry i couldnt go to Memphis with ya!