Best 15 and 16 year old summer teams

manbeast

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boomer, the Yard Dogs USED to be good???? I am confused!!! They were second in the national AAU tourney last year, and they won the TN state AAU tourney. They have ALL players back from last year and added a superb pitcher from Science Hill, yet you say they USED to be good........ Did these players suddenly become worse than they were?

I think the Yard Dogs are the best team in the state. I've played against the Sabres, the Yard Dogs, and the Thunder. They are all good, but I think the Yard Dogs are head and shoulders above the thunder. I'm not sure about the Sabres because its been a while since I've seen them play, but from what I remember the Yard Dogs were a better team.

The 16's are the ones that were second in the nationals and are hosting the AAU junior Olympics. They have some very good players on their teams, many who start for very good AAA high school teams such as Bradley, Cleveland, Science Hill, Knoxville South-Doyle, etc. as well as boys from Atlanta who travel to play on this team.

• 1 month later...

the hendorsonville big dogs are definatley one of the best 15 yr old teams in the state. they have got off to a good start and will definatley go to a worl series, oh ya they beat the yard dogs 9-1 then lost 3-1 due to lack of hitting second game.

Has anyone on here heard of the Johnson City Fury? I know their a 16 year old team but haven't seen much on here about them. Has anyone ever played with them or against them? I do know they have a guy from Kentucky that's supposed to be an ace but that's all I've heard....