and yes people they do play the yard dogs this year

and is favored to beat them this year.the fury has

a whole new line of talent comming in the 16

year old division that its basically not even funny

i was at one of there scrimmages the other day against

some team called the stateliners and they ended up beating

them in 5 innings 35to6 if that tells the 16 year old division anything

Guest sportsfan4913

the chattanooga colonels say bring it from down here in southern tennessee where the real baseball is played.

I saw the colonels play when my son was in a 14 yr old tournament in Johnson City. The parents found it hard to believe that ANY of those boys were 14 at the time. Perhaps if they play someone closer to their own age they might have a tougher time????? Anyone else out there ever played the colonels?

The Chattanooga Colonels are a good, honest baseball organization. I have no affiliation with them, other than the fact the team my son plays on has played them several times over the past 3 or 4 years. Actually, we just played their 17 year old team twice this past week.

I know several of the young men on their 17 years old team, and they are fine, quality, individuals as well as being gifted and talented baseball players.

I also know a couple of the coaches in their organization and they would take no pleasure in putting a group of older kids against a group of younger kids. It serves no purpose whatsoever. Coaches who are truly wanting the best for their team and the individuals on that team are constantly searching for teams that are better than they are in order to push the kids to the extreme for their own benefit and growth as a player.

If I recall correctly, it was the mothers of the colonels players that were bragging that "several" of the players were too old to be playing in that particular tournament. The boy that pitched against us told our catcher that he was a sophomore at that time and thats been two years ago. Maybe they were all yanking our chains a little.

I agree with luvsbball. They came to play in JC a few years ago with I know at least three players that were too old. And the sad part was one of the people with the team told us then realized that they had said the wrong thing. So our coach opted not to play them again the next day.

• 2 months later...

I do not play for the Sabres are the Yard Dogs are any of these teams that yall are mentioning. I would love to play for the Sabres and i would love for a tryout but i know that I do not have the time to go play with Playing Highschool Basketball and Baseball. The Sabres are one of the best teams that I have ever seen play. I have played lots of ball In and Out of state. But that is when i am ask by a team that i might have played the week earlier. I get around the best I can but HighSchool ball is my first priority. If I had to name the #1 team in Tn. though it would easily go to the Sabres. Also another team to watch is the Athletics out of Dickson I believe those boys can play some ball.