who deserves all-state?

taz16

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. The other schools play and are great competition. Greenbrier, Hickman Co., Hunters Lane, Beech, Wilson Central,Hendersonville, Dickson Co., Cumberland Co., Coffee Co. and several more are not public schools and are competitive to any private school team out there. A few of them showed that by where they were at this time last week. Everyone of those teams have great players on them that are oftem overlooked because they aren't paying alot of money to be at a private school. There are alot of weak private school teams also. It should be a fair shot for everyone, based on what your team did and what the player did. The name of the school should not matter. There are alot of deserving players out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good post hockeytown. i agree. what are you talking about ezell softball...private schools dont play better competition. i bet some public schools could whip up on alot of private schools, and i have seen it happen many times this past year. who cares anyway about who plays better competition. what matters is how well the players can play. and just because you go to a private school doesnt mean you can play softball better than us who are at public schools.

easy now.... I am not saying that I am better than anyone. No Forrest shouldn't get a closer look b/c they beat us. We got beat by a lot of teams. We do have better players then Forrest, but they put what they have together better than we did that night. I am not talkin about Public schools around here. Odviously Beech, Hendersonville, etc. have tons of talent. I am talkin about the A schools in the middle of no where that think that their best player should get all state when she is not as good as some schools (Goodpasture for example) worst player. Thats not fair to anyone. All district, I can understand giving to the best player on every team, but not all-state. If you really deserve it thats fine. No one can tell me that a A public school has a harder schedule than us, or Davidson, or Goodpasture. There is no way. This is not about AAA public schools, we lost to enough of them this season for me to have no doubt about what they got.