Best pitchers in Tennessee

manbeast

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don,

Last year Lawrence County lost 6 seniors, but they should be stronger defensively. Pitching, they lost Huckaba and Snider, but both were not as effective as expected last year. Lefty Tyler Copeland is back from an All-District season last year, but could be the #2 pitcher this year, Ben Beckman is also a very talented pitcher, suffered from some control problems last year and just never got in a rhythm, but is looking very strong and under control this year, throwing the ball very hard. They could be this year's version of Edwards and Pierce, but that could be an exaggeration, we will just have to wait and see how things play out. Good luck to Tullahoma this year, just hope Lawrence County does a little better than them, no offense.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest boomer06

Hey I have got a good one that nobody knows about that has jus moved in from Dom. Republic. His name is Carli Mceacahern. This kid is unbelievible, he throws a easy 94 on a average day!! It is the fastest thing I have ever seen. Miami has already offered him a full ride. You can believe me or not, but I ain't joking!!!! This kid just moved in about 4 days ago, and already is known that well!!!

thanks for info. Actually right now for us, levi was right, Jarred Smith may be our anchor. He pitched real well against Warren County. Bryan is not yet back to full speed. I am keeping fingers crossed and hope he gets back up there in velocity.

Guest Bucbaseball8

boyd buchanan has a really solid pitching staff this year. Chris Charles and Kenny Hickman will head the staff with a VERY solid 3 man in Nick Schild, and they have two more experienced hurlers (Andrew Holt and Josh Oakley) looking to get on the mound once thier arms heal.

OSKevin, I am Ryan Moore's cousin, and I play for Ooltewah. I know him pretty well and have seen him throw on many occasions. Whoever made the post saying he throws mid 90's is not correct. However, Ryan has been clocked at 91. He consistently throws his fastball around 88 or so. He is a sophomore, but towards the older end. He's big too. And I don't mean just kind of big. He's a big guy for his age and grade. He was McCallie's starting quarterback this year and led them to the state championship. So believe me or not, he does throw upper 80', and has been clocked at more.

Guest rebel01

Josh Bell out of Jackson North Side is by far the best pitcher in the state in my oppinion. he has already committed to Auburn, and one game i went to last year he was clocked at 95 and stayed around that area the rest of the game.