Who Looks Good In Knoxville During summer?

4AFAN

STARS told me that a buddy of his officiated the Farragut vs Knox Central scrimmage. From what I hear Central whipped them real good. I heard they have a good receiver and a good fullback blocking for Cassen Jackson.

If Cobb has left Fulton that will hurt them big time. He is a stud.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Fulton will be ranked that high this year. You just tell me what Fulton has that I'm missing.

Whether you agree or not Fulton is Top dog in that District until someone knocks them off. Regardless of what anybody says Buck and his staff seem to put togther a tough bunch every year. They very well (AS I SAID BEFORE) could be one of the top teams in the area.

If Fulton can get their young players to step up they will be one of the top teams in Knox County.

If I were AE I'd be worried about getting and AD in there that doesn't screw-up what they have going. If you haven't heard Mr. Murray has been reassigned back to the classroom.

Beating Fulton might not be that hard this year. Thanks for the information but I just don't see it happening. They lost a lot of their fire power from last year and its going to be hard to build the rooks up fast. Also, I heard that T. Cobb isn't there anymore so that's going to hurt even more.

Now I heard about Murray and I was in shock when I heard it. Do you know who's the leading person to take over the sports programs at AE?

That's good, they're keeping somebody in the family. I know that Coach Whitehead will do an excellent job. His girls team, KAYA Lady Stingers, are in the Nationals in YBOA and AAU. They won the AAU and YBOA State, this was the first time in history that any team has done that. So as you can see, he knows his coaching.

Borelly,what passing league scrimmage were you watching when AE scored 10 times on Carter.While I don't put much stock in wins and losses in the summer here is the facts from someone who has seen every play of all of them.First one ended in a tie 3 touchdowns each. Carter last score came late probably against some non-starters.Bailey didn't play for Carter.Second one was cancelled by AE some players in basketball camp for AE?Third one was a 3-way with Carter,AE,Sullivan South.Plain and simple Carter got the best of both AE and Sullivan South.All of Carter's offensive series ended in the end zone while defense came up with a couple of ints.Carter QB and recievers looked better than the competition in this one.Thursday at AE Carter's first play short pass Littlejohn outruns AE for touchdown.If any team has scored 10 times in one Carter may have in this one.Once again Carter QB and recievers looked good defense came up with a couple more ints.Contrary to some opinions on here speed could be Carter strong point this year.Carter and AE both could be better this coming season but I don't think the win and loss record in passing league is really going to matter.But just for the record from where I've been sitting Carter is getting the best of these matchups.

What happen to Cobb? AE I seen the passing league just like you. Did you get to see the last goaline stand by the young guys. That was really good. Coach Graham was impressed with them. Hay please (if weather permits) come to the passing league at Carter on Tuesday. I talked to Graham aafter the game on Thursday. He was upset. Not at the effort but the lack of his starters to make the play. Many times they are in position but didn't make the play. He insured me that they will improve or be demoted. He has a saying to the guys "promotion or demotion". The kids all know what that means. All the playing fields or even for each position and he is looking for his starters now. It will be determined by who can make plays. He also said Carter kids need to buy in. They are improving and have the atheletes to make a splash this year. They are in a tough region but can be a force. Maybe success against the roadrunners will help to change mindset at Carter. The funny thing is half the players would be at AE if the zoning was correct.

How can you say AE didn't score 10 times the first scrimmage. They scored in almost every posession. Also honestly how much time does the QB of Carter gets to throw the ball. (none of AE coaches commented on this and their D.B coach Graham said he wants him to hav eall the time he needs because that makes his secondary mentally tougher.) But when you have 5 or 6 seconds to throw of people running across the middle of the field you will complete some passes. Their head coach (Carter) said they must improve on getting the ball out of the QBs hand quicker. AE QBs release the ball on reads. They have to get rid of the ball within 3 seconds or Stevens will yell run it or throw it away. If you've been there you would notice this. AE is playing a lot of people also. They play the starting secondary and the number 2 LBs for the first 2 series. If you noticed the starting LBs (McAllister, Watson, Marsh) are not there. Matter of fact McAllister is at Notre Dame this week. If you are there you see a different secondary every two series. I know Carter numbers won't permit that but AE is getting reps. I think the coaches of AE has noticed some talk from the Carter players. I heard Coach Graham made his players aware of that. Carter used to not have that confidence is starting to get it now. They looked very crisp Thursday. Coach Graham tolds the kids that is all you need to beat a better team is the belief that you can. He thinks Carter has it now. He challenged the defense to get the killer instinct back. So I thnk you will see a new AE on Tuesday. Are should I say the old AE. I must say when I hear AE is going to Carter again this year for passing league I thought it was a waste of time. Because last year it was boring and a track meet. there wasn't much competition. This year it is very competitive and I think both teams are benefitting. So I am even excited about going Tuesday. Back to the 10 T.D.s lets say that number is a little high. You must admit AE beat them pretty bad the first game. I will give you the next two. I also will give you the much improvement of the hornets. but like you say passing leagues are not what we play. Especially when the Defensive ends are not added to the equations.

Edited by boorelly