Recent Survey

DavidVarnPlavich5

The results of a recent survey show that nearly 43% of high school football players shave their heads before or during the season. Are we asking a little too much of our teenage athletes here? Is peer pressure becoming a factor in high school athletics? We all know that shaved heads are uncomfortable and unattractive, so why are all these kids doing this? The answer: PEER PRESSURE. It's gotta stop. B)

Buddy, shaved heads aren't always a sign of peer pressure or a player being forced to shave. When wearing a football helmet, it is far more comfortable and cooler to have a shaved head. I personally buzz mine and it is much easier to deal with than having hair. Especially when you've got all those pads on. As for being unattractive...who cares? I play football, who cares if I'm unattractive. Just kidding, but attractiveness is all in the eye of the beholder. You may personally find it ugly, but I'd say my girlfriend disagrees with you. It's all opinion. Anyways, just my two cents worth.

Edited by Rebelguy

This guy is telling the truth . A buzzed head feels great when your out in the middle of august practicing in the hot sun. For me it doesn't look too bad because i let it grow after the season and start the whole process all over again.QUIT posting about crap like this "peer pressure"its a waist . In turn post about something that really matters.

To be honest with you, it is much better to leave just a little fuzz on top of your head going into camp! The hair holds the sweat in close to your head thereby cooling down your body. It actually helps to prevent heat strokes. What I recommend is that you ask your barber to use a one or two guard and cut it as close as your can with one of those guards. If your not use to having a bald head, the early days of heat and a bad sun burn can make a great camp very miserable and put you in the hospital! It may not happen to you, but take my advice and leave just a little on top and don't take the chance!

i don't think anyone on my team actually shaves their head but it get really close, usually about an 1/8 of and inch. it does feel a whole lot better and i think peer pressure has nothing to do with it. plavich5, i hope the city where your from doesn't have some crazy shaved head gang that pressures people into this haha. and who told you it was unnatractive? most girls like to rub a short haired head B)

Guest region4fan

I do not think shaving a head is from peer pressure. You will find that most of the shaved heads belong to linemen. They have more meat on their bones and need the release of heat from their bodies. Have you ever seen the steam rise from their heads after a hot practice? I actually prefer the shaved look myself. It stands for a true jock!You also do not have to worry about your hair falling into your eyes or taking a long time after a game to fix your hair. I hope that Elbal at Oakland shaves his off this season.

PERSONAL....to CECE...if my memory serves me correctly, you posed as a sophmore player's mom last season from Lebanon. So which is it, are you a player or a mom??

Football players aren't the only athletes to shave their head. I have seen many wrestlers shave their head either before season or just before State. It can add to the look of intimidation when one steps out on the mat. My daughter personally likes guys with short, short hair. I asked her about it and she said that she had always heard that girls go for guys like their dad. Maybe that is true because her dad is a slick head! B)

well personally i love my head buzzed, i use an 1/8 of an inch guard and i think it looks good and seems like afew do too B) , but it has nothing to do with peer pressure, i do it because it looks good and it is alot cooler under that helment. i just started doing it and as a big line man it can get hot and hair this short is another way to keep cool and all you lineman know what im saying, you got to do what you can to keep cool. KEEP IT BUZZED!!!!!!