Head Jobs in Knoxville

captain

Maybe that was why the Head Principal was demoted. He could not control the Renegade Swafford or apparently make good choices. If They get the right guy in SD they could be dangerous. Karns would not be a job that many would take. I think if anyone could change the bad habits at Karns -Spencer could.

Edited by PLACALL

Is this the same Spencer Riley that played at UT? Also, if Karns get the right players to come out and play Football, they will be good. A lot of their good players are sitting at home just talking about how bad the team out but if those players will quit talking and play with Karns they will be good.

Now to South Doyle! I don't think Coach Duncan will let many people go as coaches. The coach they have now is basically turning things around so what's the problem you all are talking about?

Powell opening: I heard that the offensive coord. at Powell will be named head coach soon. How true is this?

RE: The Powell job

The leading candidate, and likely successor, to replace Duncan is current assistant head coach Larry Stephens. By law, the job has to be publically advertised, but by all reports, Stephens will be named the head coach at the earliest allowable opportunity.

Stephens is a Powell graduate, fomer head coach at William Blount, and fomer assistant at Maryville College. He has been with Duncan on the Powell staff for at least the last 6 years.

The rest of the Powell staff will stay intact, and an assistant will be hired to fill the opening with the departure of Duncan.

As for the Karns position, I haven't heard that Ken Kesselring has officially left, although i've been out of town quite a bit recently and may have missed it. I do know that he has been considering a move to Ohio.

If he has in fact left, I would be surprised if Spenser Riley is named the head coach at this point. I don't believe he has the experience to take over a 5A program yet. I may be wrong, but that's what I believe. And, yes, that is the same Spenser Riley who was an offensive lineman at UT.

HTV-

Why would Coach Stephens take the job? --Can he manage his other two jobs and be Head football Coach at a school where Football is tops? I do agree that he is probably the man for the job with the experience, but can a man Teach , be a county Commisioner, and be Head Football Coach in the toughest region in the state? His plate already seams full.

Yes, his plate is full, but Coach Stephens obviously wants to take on the head coaching job.

He has two years left in his commission position and is term limited out, so he couldn't run again if he wanted to.

His job as a teacher and coach has always taken priority over his commission position in the past, anyway. That won't change now.