all state

freekick2001

There are teams for AAA, A-AA, and DII. I knew that the one I listed yesterday was all players from AAA but I didn't see the other two files that had been sent so I assumed that was all there was. I just missed them, my mistake.

All three teams are now on the home page or will be soon.

All Mi-state relies on coaches to send in nominations and stats to the Tennessean where the writers pick the team. I know of players who signed D-1 scholarships that did not make the mid-state team because their coaches did not send anything in. Not to take anything away from those who made it, but the mid-state team has historically

been weak. Also, there were players who made all midstate first team last year who did not even make honorable mention this year. Did they suddenly lose their ability or was the first selection a mistake?

As I understand it, the all state team is selected by coaches entirely without feed back from writers. Even then their were quality players left off including D-1 players. Bottom line is every all star team in any sport has quality players left off.

Edited by TDJ85