Div.II AAA

RyanRowdy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard that Koban got in some trouble and is goin to be suspended. Not really my place to talk about it so thats all i am goin to say. They've got a good replacement in ryan burns, who was converted from qb to tb. very good speed, pretty good size. he says he likes the change because he can see the plays develop better.

Edited by Redtwin

Redtwin- Do you have a subscription to Unapproved Website? I want to read the recruiting articles and watch the videos but I don't have a subscription. I just read from the Kentucky football website that Trinity is preseason ranked #11 nationally, and MBA is #10 nationally among provate schools. However, everyone knows these rankings (except for De La Salle- a unanimous lock at #1) don't mean much. Proof of that is Brentwood Academy from last year. After reading more posts from the site, everyone in Louisville thinks Brian Brohm is the greatest football player ever. I make no predictions, I just request that every member of CoachT come to MBA on August 23. Have a good summer.

just saw on rivals100.com that david holbert from BA is a 4star recruit, thats out of 5 stars and that he is the number 2 ranked fullback right now. i didnt know he was being recruited so heavily. does anyone know who his early favorites are?

In no particular order, LSU, Tennessee, Auburn, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Notre Dame. He will have a lot of options.

Brohm is a great QB, no doubt, but most recruiting services don't have him in the top five at his position. Theinsiders.com and Unapproved Website have him around the 7th or 8th best QB. As far as Holbert, everyone has him listed as a highly touted fullback. He should be able to pick what school he goes to.

Aint Skeered,

As far as preseason rankings, the only ones that mean much come from schoolsports.com and usatoday.com. They both do a good job of comparing public to private and then giving a good overall ranking. MBA was not even ranked preason of 1999 and had the best overall ranking they everhad. I would say, play the games first and the rankings will take care of themselves.

If you want to see arguably one of the toughest high school schedules ever, look at Evangel Christian's schedule this year. Talking about out of state teams. Wow!

2003 Evangel Christian Academy football schedule

Date Home or away Opponent Opponent record in 2002

Sept. 12 Away Suwannee High (Live Oak, Fla.) 9-3, Florida Class 3A regional semifinalist

Sept. 20 **Home Longview (Tex.) High 9-4, Texas Class 5A Division II quarterfinalist

Sept. 27 **Home Rockhurst High (Kansas City, Mo.) 13-0, Missouri Class 6 state champion, No. 6 infinal USA TODAY Super 25

Oct. 3 Away Hoover ( Ala.) High, Alabama 14-1, Alabama Class 6A state champion

Oct. 10 Away Ruston (La.) High 4-7, lost in first round of Louisiana Class 5A playoffs

Oct. 17 *Home Natchitoches (La.) Central High 6-6, lost in second round of Louisiana Class 5A playoffs

Oct. 24 ***Away De La Salle High (Concord, Calif.) 13-0, No.1 in final USA TODAY Super 25

Oct. 31 Away Huntington High (Shreveport) 9-3, lost in second round of Louisiana Class 5A playoffs.

Nov. 7 *Home Southwood High (Shreveport) 4-6, Louisiana Class 5A.