Dresden Lions

bigbluefan69

After a terrible season a couple of years ago the Dresden Lions come back with a surprising season beating Humbolt and gave Milan a very good game only losing 28-21. So what do you think that they will be like this year. My opinion is that they will be a team at the top of the region. Giving Milan a game that they will not expect. The lions have 3 people running 4.6 or less.

Edited by bigbluefan69

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have some good looking kids. Big and impressive looking. Infact they are built more like an I formation team than a wing t team. However, I don't think they are very well coached. I mean sure their coaches yell and scream at them a lot, but tht don't make it coaching. I mean during the Westview game last year all you could hear was "You better not get beat by him again", "That is terrible why can't you block/tackle him." I mean tell the kid why he is not blocking the other player. Anybody can scream "Block him! If they ever decide to get an aggresive attitude and and start coaching with a prupose, then the kids will start playing with purpose and pride, the way Dresden used to play back in the 80s when Popeye Jones and Peanut Wynn were playing there. Of course that is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

They have some good looking kids.  Big and impressive looking.  Infact they are built more like an I formation team than a wing t team.  However, I don't think they are very well coached.  I mean sure their coaches yell and scream at them a lot, but tht don't make it coaching.  I mean during the Westview game last year all you could hear was "You better not get beat by him again", "That is terrible why can't you block/tackle him."  I mean tell the kid why he is not blocking the other player.  Anybody can scream "Block him!  If they ever decide to get an aggresive attitude and and start coaching with a prupose, then the kids will start playing with purpose and pride, the way Dresden used to play back in the 80s when Popeye Jones and Peanut Wynn were playing there.  Of course that is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

It's because of idiotic comments such as those made by "dabear", that intelligent people don't post much on coacht anymore. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The Dresden coaching staff does a good job with their players. They are always fundamentally sound and well prepared for each game.I was at the Westview game and heard no such comments. You may want to work on your grammar skills also. And by the way, have you ever coached? I seriously doubt it.

If you were at the Dresden/Westview game then you could plainly see that Dresden did not have clue as to how to defend that spread. Last year Westview was average at best, and Dresden made them look good. Game in and game out those kids look lost. When your Head Coach takes off to Watch Michigan play instead of working on the next weeks game plan then something is wrong. That statement is a fact, because his coaches were talking about on a local radio program. I was not trying to belittle the program. They have good kids and good athletes and deserve better.

By the way, have you evr coached? I doubt it, especially if you think Dresden is a well prepared team.

And I think it is posts like yours that keep people from posting on CoachT. It is a public forum, and everyone is entitled to his/her on opinion. Without being attacked, personally.

• 4 weeks later...

If Dresden beats South Fulton, they will be 3-7 if not 2-8. One season where you guys get lucky and win a few games does not put you in the position to compare yourself with the winning tradition of Milan,Union City or Westview . Peabody has been to the state championship Humboldt won in 1979 and was runnerup in 96 so when you can make the playoffs and advance then talk . This year You will finish last in your region. Milan has been in the playoffs and won championships and I don't see their players trash talkin on Coach t. Grow up and prove yourself on the field.

I didn't make it to the Westview game last year and being a coach myself I will not point the finger at another but I will say this. All it takes is a hard headed coach that thinks he knows everything to lose ALL respect from his players. A team that doesn't respect their coach will not play all out, will not listen and will not care to win. I have an open mind with my players, I never belittle them infront of the other coaches and I always listen, listen and listen. I never tell tell tell without reason. If a player thinks that one of my plays is bad and is usless then I listen and ask where and why he thinks that. If a player has found a better way to do something then I want to know. ITs like I am not the coach I am one of them. I must say with this attitude I have had nothing but 100% respect from my players and I know that when we are down a couple of TDs I know for a fact and I don't even have to ask, that they are giving 100%. I never ask they usual "give me 120%"mess. 100% is good enough, 110-120 is playing wild and without using your head. During a game if one of my players get burnt I never yell or complain to him when he comes over to the side line. We talk. From my experience talking teaches more and the players learn more then getting in their face and embarassing them in front of 1000 ppl. Now I do yell sometimes but I never embarass my players.

I'm not bashing anyone but football games are won on the FIELD!!!! It doesn't matter what is said on a message board. I don't know a whole lot about the teams in this region but from what I have heard it is Milan and then everyone else. I've been told that with a few breaks here and there anyone could win teh rest of the games. Dabear, I saw your post about the Huntingdon scrimmage the other day, are you from there? If so what are their chances of going all the way? Can tehy beat Milan? Also why are you so down on certain coaches? Not bashing just curious? Do you know more about the situation than others? I don't knwo just would liek to know what made you come to this conclusion, is it a one time thing at a game or more? Thanks