CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin County will be a better team. Coach Mantooth and staff do a tremendous job. Cookeville and Crossville are wild cards for me. What are they holding? Lincoln County should win this region. Coffee Co. will be a physically tougher team I think with Coach Price there. Warren County - 16 wins in the past 12 seasons. Shameful.

I think it will end up this way:

1. Lincoln Co.

2. Franklin Co.

3. Cookeville

4. Cumberland Co.

5. Coffee Co.

6. Warren Co.

After having seen all of the teams in this region last year, what they have returning, and also seeing how Lincoln County performed in spring scrimmages, I would have to say that the Falcons should no doubt be the pick to take top honors in Region 3, 5-A in 2003. I would like to also say that the tailback will not be #11 Sammy Eddings. he is no longer on the team. Look for #28, Josh Gregory, to get the bulk of the carries. He is a strong runner with good speed, and should help take some of the offensive load off of QB Michael Edmiston and help give Coach Thompson a balanced offensive attack. If the Falcons can shake the turnover bug that plagued them all of last year, they could also go a long way in the playoffs as well. Here is how I see the region finishing this year.

1. Lincoln County Falcons

2. Cookeville Cavaliers

3. Franklin County Rebels

4. Cumberland County Jets

5. Coffee County Red Raiders

6. Warren County Pioneers

Best of luck to all of the teams in region 3, 5-A this year!

After having seen all of the teams in this region last year, what they have returning, and also seeing how Lincoln County performed in spring scrimmages, I would have to say that the Falcons should no doubt be the pick to take top honors in Region 3, 5-A in 2003. I would like to also say that the tailback will not be #11 Sammy Eddings. he is no longer on the team. Look for #28, Josh Gregory, to get the bulk of the carries. He is a strong runner with good speed, and should help take some of the offensive load off of QB Michael Edmiston and help give Coach Thompson a balanced offensive attack. If the Falcons can shake the turnover bug that plagued them all of last year, they could also go a long way in the playoffs as well. Here is how I see the region finishing this year.

1. Lincoln County Falcons

2. Cookeville Cavaliers

3. Franklin County Rebels

4. Cumberland County Jets

5. Coffee County Red Raiders

6. Warren County Pioneers

Best of luck to all of the teams in region 3, 5-A this year!

I have to agree lcstatman..if lincoln county perform this region will be a joke for the falcons..

the healthier backfield and the core of receivers they should run through their playbook easily..

i am looking forward to seeing louis thompson turn QB- edmiston loose this year let him play to his potential something most of us have not seen yet..

edmiston will be ready he has been working all summer along with all of his teammates...

this bunch could be dominant with good focus and concentration weekly...

I agree, Lincoln County will be the favorites in this region. I am expecting greater thngs from Senior QB Michael Edmiston this year. If he stands tall in the pocket and make the throws that he is capable of, and not look to run first, opposing defenses could be in for a long night.

As far as Lincoln County goes it will depend a great deal on how much the Falcons turn the ball over. Last year we turned the ball over 31 times in 11 games, that almost 3 times a game. There was one game in particular, that L.C. out gained the opponent 350 yards to around 150, had 0 yards in penalites, and lost the game by turning the ball over inside the 20 3 times and giving up easy tds. I am not knocking the other team, they did exactly what they should have done by putting the ball in the endzone. That's asking a lot of the defense, putting them in that position that many times and expecting them to come through every time.

Most of the seniors that we have this year have been starting since they were sophmores. Maybe this will help in the maturity dept.

And while I fully understand that every team is going to turn over the ball some it's just part of the game. We really need to cut down on ours drastically, to do what we are trying to do, and our kids are fully aware of this. Sometimes when you dwell on something too much it becomes much harder to overcome because it's on your mind too much. I read somewhere where former college and pro football coach Jimmy Johnson never used the word "Fumble" he always said to protect the football, because he said that it gets on guys minds too much and makes them even worse fumblers.