Best of Region 2A

kingbrian3

I just thought it would be interesting for Region 2A fans, players and coaches to start a list of the top players in the region by position. I will throw a few names out there just to get it started.

(QB) Austin James (GB) Ricky Lowe (CF)

(TB) Michael Paul Gilbert (OD) Greg Way (GB)

(FB) Derek Brooks (SB)

(WR) Steven Hensley (CF)

(TE) Brandon Foster (CF)

(Ath) Trae Helton (GB)

(DB) Douglas (ON)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked Cunningham at QB last season, but I would still take James and Lowe over him (just my opinion though). I remember Parish and he could be the best lineman in the region. I remember Japp's name, but I don't recall him doing much at tight end. Do you have any stats on him? Are all three of these players juniors? Are there any new players going to CAK this season from other Knox County schools?

Japp had 19 catches for 273 yds with a 14.4 average excluding the Oneida game because CAK's stats were not reported for that game. He did have some concussion problems that kept him out of a few games early on also. While these stats arent through the roof, I have not seen a better tight end in region 2-A. Parrish, Cunningham, and Japp will all be seniors for the 2003 season and the only new player I am aware of is a rising sophmore from maryville christian although there may be more. Do you have any stats on Cody Watson of Oakdale? He's the big tight end #42 i believe.

Edited by BUBBA61

kingbrian,

i do agree that Lowe and James were better QB's than Cunningham but i cant think of a better one-two punch than Cunningham to Japp. You could hear that over the loudspeaker all night long. Lowe to Hensley was good but i think that Cunningham to Japp was better. I also would much rather have Cunningham than Lowe and James if i were running a more pocket passing style. Lowe was good on the run for his team but i liked Cunninghams arm better. Didnt really get that good of a look at Austin James because they took him out pretty early from what i remember.