Region 4-5A

JohnnyC

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take is this, if Oakland can stay healthy, then i believe they will win the state. They have a very tough schedule and i think this will benefit them, espically with the early contests against franklin and brentwood academy. those few youg people they do have playing, will mature quickly under one of the greatest coaching staffs in the state. Here is my pick

Oakland

Riverdale

Blackman

Lebanon

Smyrna

Lavergne

Seigle

Wilson Central

Blackman still has a few questions that need answering. We also have alot of youth that will have to play major roles this season. With a tough region schedule and a tough nonregion schedule: Brentwood, Gallatin and Lincoln Co things will get interesting for the Blaze. We do have alot of quality seniors that can make things happen but we also will have to stay away from the injury bug.

My Guess:

1. Riverdale: Kings of the hill until someone else nocks them off.

2. or 3. Blackman/Oakland: Injuries will determine the order.

4. Lebanon: #4 A.J. Stewart needs some help.

5. Smyrna: Wolke needs help also.

6. Lavergne: New system, don't know what they really have.

7. siegel: Watson okay coach.

8. Wilson Central: ? :(

Can't really see much changing during the dead period.

Still say it breaks down like this:

1. Riverdale

2. Oakland

3. Smyrna

4. Lebanon

5. Blackman

6. Lavergne

7. Siegel

8. Wilson Central

Riverdale and Oakland will be in the playoffs in the top two spots. I think the next two playoff spots could got to any of the next four teams (Smyrna, Lebanon, Blackman, Lavergne). Just don't believe that either Siegel or Wilson Central will enough to win more than a couple games.

Hey Riverdale guys, is there a player named Fikes or Sikes that plays on the DL? If so, what is class, height, weight?

Guest region4fan

I am just wondering what happened to all the Smyrna fans this year? What a difference a year makes. Last year all we heard in June was how dominant Smyrna was going to be and how they would scorch Riverdale.

WHAT IS THE WORD FROM SMYRNA???

:rolleyes: Hey guys long time no see huh! well its that time finally. Football season is comming. The funny thing is that there is no clear cut favorite to win state this year, or may i say at least have the best record in region 4-5a. Every year its riverdale this riverdale that......But this summer so far its Oakland this Oakland that. Well tell you the truth i think were in for a big treat for this year. Who knows who will win right. This year it's anybodies region for the taken. I truly believe that this years region champ will be the underdog that alot of people didn't think would do very well. By this i mean a team with heart, character, and alot of senior guided leadership. I will tell you this, the team will be from the Boro'. :)

Oh ya i almost forgot, you guys should be happy for Symrna this year there finally gonna beat a Boro' team........................To bad its gonna just be the first year Sigel Stars...............LOL... :)

Guest region4fan

Hey Blaze...are you sure that they will beat Siegel?? If it is played at MTSU like we have heard, then Siegel will have an advantage!

here are my picks:

Oakland-----I would say them no matter what!

Riverdale- look for Thomas to have a break-out year

Blackman- I think they will be the surprise team

Smyrna- they are working on a running game to balance their air attack

Lebanon- if the coach can keep Aj Stewart happy

Lavergne-gaining ground and respect every year

Siegel- will win at least 3 games this year

Wilson Central- Hang in there guys, it will come!

How many days til opening kick-off??????

Has anyone lost any players at any region 4 school? Has anyone lost any of their coaches?

Where oh where are the Smyrna, Lebanon, Siegel, Wilson Central, and Lebanon fans??? Are there ANY???

Who knows about the Smyrna fans. Maybe they finally realized that talking will just make you look ignorant. To tell you the truth i dont mind if they never get back on! I am going to try to break down this region in as few words as possible. :)

Riverdale-enough said :rolleyes:

Oakland-Returning starters, great talent

Blackman-Tough non-region games could help the team :)

Lebanon-SLEEPER B)

Smyrna-not enough help for Wolke

Seigal-sorry :)

Laverge-new system=tough year

Wilson Central-bless you folks, welcome to 5A