Region 4-5A

JohnnyC

Guest region4fan

Carlos Crawford is still with us. He is stronger and faster than last year. He had about 1200 yds rushing last year as a junior.We are counting on him topping that yardage this year. Unfortunately his brother Marease is no longer on the team. He did not meet the academic requirements to remain eligible. Not only was that a great loss for Oakland, but it is a sad thing for Marease to have let it happen.We wish him all the best in the world.

Are you a player for Lavergne?? If so, it is great to have you on the boards. We have a hard time staying current with the program there. I think a lot of your head coach. I heard that you have several new coaches on staff there this year.You guys, just be patient and it will be worth the wait. I have to admit that I willl sure miss Grimes playing this year. He was always one of my favorites, and I have always had a soft spot for Lavergne.

Edited by region4fan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) Riverdale #1 again----Until someone knocks them off, Riverdale like the past is King!!!!

2.) Oakland #2----Everything returning, but a win against Riverdale and Lebanon the past three years hasn't happen!! Good luck number 2!!!!

3.) Wiekeville or smyrna #3----Shannon must step up.

4.) Lebanon #4----Does anyone have the low-down on these guys. Everyone keeps talking crap about them. Same old Lebanon-talent, but no heart.

5.) LaVergne #5----Size helps win games, what about skill.

6.) Blackman #6----Quit talking about Riverdale-YOU ARE NOT THEM.

7.) Siegal #7----Will at least get one more win then Wilson Central.

8.) Wilson Central #8----3rd coach in 3 years----HEAD LINE----New coach in 2004 after 0-30 to start.

GO OAKLAND, GOOD LUCK BOY's!!!!!!!

Guest region4fan

Thanks for the "good luck," thtruth.Everyone is expecting big things for my boys at Oakland. I hope they go all the way. I would rather get a win over Riverdale than Lebanon, but I certainly would take both!!Unfortunately, we must play both of those games away AGAIN this year.

1.) Riverdale #1 again----Until someone knocks them off, Riverdale like the past is King!!!!

2.) Oakland #2----Everything returning, but a win against Riverdale and Lebanon the past three years hasn't happen!! Good luck number 2!!!!

3.) Wiekeville or smyrna #3----Shannon must step up.

4.) Lebanon #4----Does anyone have the low-down on these guys. Everyone keeps talking crap about them. Same old Lebanon-talent, but no heart.

5.) LaVergne #5----Size helps win games, what about skill.

6.) Blackman #6----Quit talking about Riverdale-YOU ARE NOT THEM.

7.) Siegal #7----Will at least get one more win then Wilson Central.

8.) Wilson Central #8----3rd coach in 3 years----HEAD LINE----New coach in 2004 after 0-30 to start.

If you would please Truth, I would like to hear your justification for ranking some of the teams as you did. Do you actually have insight into a program other than Oakland, or are you flying by the wind here? Either way, I would like to know before I, or anyone else tears up your predictions.

-JohnC

yeah i play ball for lavergne and i wish we could get more recognitian on tha boards everywhere i look its lavergne easy win can i clue u guys in on somethin we got a bunch of new players and we have talent .our biggest problem is commitment if we could play together we would a force but until then we will be a mediocre ball club.how much do u guyz know about lavergne plaeez reply i want to see .

In all of my past rankings I have been putting Oakland first, but after a little research into the region I am adjusting my picks just a little.

1. Riverdale- Will be a better team than last year.

2. Oakland- Very capable of beating Riverdale, but not as much depth.

3. Smyrna- Have developed a decent running attack and will surprise some folks.

4. Lavergne- Coach Thomas has things going in the right direction and even with losing Grimes should continue to improve.

5. Blackman- Seniors keep this team in the hunt for a playoff bid.

6. Lebenon- Not enough all around talent to win week in week out in this region.

7. siegel

8 Wilson Central

Gentlemen, does the Blaze just get no respect in the region. Man you guys are tough and that's good. Okay Blackman lost alot of talented kids but everybody acts like that is the end of the road for the Blaze. The road will be tough but we still have enough talented kids to make an impact in the region. The biggest hurdle for the Blaze will be depth. Blackman has a good group of kids that have worked hard all summer to get better and they have a good coaching staff that knows how to get the most out of their kids. It is okay for everyone to over look Blackman, that's what everybody has done since the school opened. Make no mistake about it the Blaze will be ready!!!!

GO BLACKMAN BLAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by coacht

Guest region4fan

Hey Gasser, read back some on the posts. Both Olineathlete and myself know that Blackman has deserved some respect. We both put them at #3 on our predictions.I think that some of the others will be surprised at how well the Blaze will do this year. Alsup has earned his reputation as one of the best . I think many have the mentality that w/o the big name superstars that Blackman will fold. It has always been my opinion that it may have cost them last year because of that Superstar Mentality.

It's too hard to make any accurate desicions now. I can guaranttee anyone that a lot of these pre-season predictions are going to be wrong. Some people think that Blackman will lose in the "Pit" but that's what they said in 2001 when we went down there and beat them. Everyone just knew that Oakland would finish 1st in the region in 2002 and they ended up finishing 3rd. And most of all, in 2001 everyone on Earth just knew that Blackman would finish dead last in the region and we finished third and even went up 16-0 on Riverdale in the SECOND round of the playoffs. This just proves that games are won on the field, not here on coacht.

Good Luck Blaze in 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll mis playing with you guys but you can count on me being there on the sidelines rooting yall on every Friday night.

bhsOL #67 2000-2003

My posts were meant for those who put us behind Smyrna, Lebanon and Lavergne. Lebanon and Smyrna will place all there hope in the hands of one player. Both of their offenses will feed off of those guys. Now don't anybody say that I'm saying that these teams only have one player, I'm just saying they are the bread and butter. Now Lavergne I know nothing about but I'm smart enough to know that anytime you have inner county teams squaring off you never know what you're gonna get. The Blaze will contend for the 2 spot again.

THE GAS MAN!!!!!