5a paper champ for 2003

JPATS5

Spoken truly WesVols. No matter what you do during the regular season, the trail you take to the playoffs determines who will be meeting in the championship game. The recent facts bear out that Middle Tennessee will have one if not two teams in the championship game. For at least the last 5 years (and longer), very good Middle Tennessee teams chewed each other up going through Riverdale either in region play or the playoffs. Aside from Sevier County winning once, the other teams recently have come from Middle Tennessee, and even Sevier had to play a Middle team to win it all. And as WesVols can attest, you go less than five miles either side of Hillsboro Road from I-440 to Hwy 96, and you have the toughest string of teams to play in any classification in the state. Put all those teams playing together in a region; they would take on all and any comers and bring home championships every time. The prima facea evidence is that the 5A champion will come from Middle Tennessee.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a very bold statement my friend.

Why do you consider my statement bold. I just think Jeff. Co. is all talk just like every other year, they will choke in the playoffs. CHOKE ARTISTS :D

You can't even carry on a conversation!! You said that Sevier County will beat them. That would have to be regular season. Jeez....use that rock you call a brain and think before you type!

What are you talking about, they can still make the playoffs with a loss in the regular season. I think someone else needs to use their rock (or if you want to call it a brain thats fine with me). :D

i think you two should stop fighting over whos going to win and whos not. because its an easy conclusion...sevier co. has a history of winning and now there in a rebuilding stage. and for that matter jeff co. always says their going to be great and end up getting waxed in the playoffs. so all and all sevier co. is the choice for winner. :D and as for you guys making fun of each others brains..get a life, thats for four year olds............. :D

i don't understand how sevier co people think they might beat jeff this yr. i mean jeff has beaten them the last 2 yrs, and this yr will be by far jeff's best team in about 15 yrs. so what's up with that? anyways, jeff over sevier co by 26.

If you all are going to beat us by 26, then we might as well surrender. Hype, Hype, Hype. You all were supposed to blow us out last year, but just did ease on out of there with a W-at your house. Potential wise, nobody competes with Jeff in our region except for DB. On the other hand, doesn't UT always have the ungodly potential every preseason? Like I said a few months ago, I enjoy competing agaisnt the likes of Jeff, but it does suprise me that you would make a bold statement about a 26 point pounding. If you were a bookie you would starve and your kids wouldn't have any shoes.....go ahead and give us the spread on the rest of the region games:

DB-

Bearden-

South Doyle-

Karns-

Science Hill-

Campbell Co-

jeff over DB by 28 (the first half will be close however, something like 14-7. but in the second half jeff pulls away quickly 35-7).

jeff over science hill by 14 (this will be a realively tough game for jeff; they matched up pretty good with jeff, but jeff has too many weapons for them).

jeff over bearden by 10 (bearden will be a very good team by the end of the yr; if jeff over looks them, look for bearden to pin the first or second w on jeff).

jeff over sevier co by 26; jeff's speed will be way too much for sevier co to handle.

jeff over south doyle by 35

jeff over karns by 35

jeff over cambell co by 35

jeff's other games:

jeff over rhea co by 17

jeff even morr west

jeff over cocke co by 21

That's a very bold statement my friend.

Why do you consider my statement bold. I just think Jeff. Co. is all talk just like every other year, they will choke in the playoffs. CHOKE ARTISTS :D

You can't even carry on a conversation!! You said that Sevier County will beat them. That would have to be regular season. Jeez....use that rock you call a brain and think before you type!

What are you talking about, they can still make the playoffs with a loss in the regular season. I think someone else needs to use their rock (or if you want to call it a brain thats fine with me). :D

i think you two should stop fighting over whos going to win and whos not. because its an easy conclusion...sevier co. has a history of winning and now there in a rebuilding stage. and for that matter jeff co. always says their going to be great and end up getting waxed in the playoffs. so all and all sevier co. is the choice for winner. :D and as for you guys making fun of each others brains..get a life, thats for four year olds............. :D

i don't understand how sevier co people think they might beat jeff this yr. i mean jeff has beaten them the last 2 yrs, and this yr will be by far jeff's best team in about 15 yrs. so what's up with that? anyways, jeff over sevier co by 26.

If you all are going to beat us by 26, then we might as well surrender. Hype, Hype, Hype. You all were supposed to blow us out last year, but just did ease on out of there with a W-at your house. Potential wise, nobody competes with Jeff in our region except for DB. On the other hand, doesn't UT always have the ungodly potential every preseason? Like I said a few months ago, I enjoy competing agaisnt the likes of Jeff, but it does suprise me that you would make a bold statement about a 26 point pounding. If you were a bookie you would starve and your kids wouldn't have any shoes.....go ahead and give us the spread on the rest of the region games:

DB-

Bearden-

South Doyle-

Karns-

Science Hill-

Campbell Co-

jeff over DB by 28 (the first half will be close however, something like 14-7. but in the second half jeff pulls away quickly 35-7).

jeff over science hill by 14 (this will be a realively tough game for jeff; they matched up pretty good with jeff, but jeff has too many weapons for them).

jeff over bearden by 10 (bearden will be a very good team by the end of the yr; if jeff over looks them, look for bearden to pin the first or second w on jeff).

jeff over sevier co by 26; jeff's speed will be way too much for sevier co to handle.

jeff over south doyle by 35

jeff over karns by 35

jeff over cambell co by 35

jeff's other games:

jeff over rhea co by 17

jeff even morr west

jeff over cocke co by 21

Sorry to tell you this but Jeff Co. ain't going all the way. They'll choke in the playoffs as usual. I will say they will probaby beat us(sevier co.). But Oakridge has a better chance of going all the way. And even DB has a better chance. And by the way when you quoted all our conversations you forgot that you were quoteing me to not just you and bearspitcher, bhs. :D Go SCHS B)

Jpats5, do you think if we get rolling our first game against West, that we (Bearden) can make a push in the region this year? That has been one thorn in our side the past couple of years. If we beat West the first game, I think we roll into Kingsport with a pretty good amount of confidence and can put up a game against DB. That momentum can hopefully be carried over to Farragut. I see the first three games of our season as being pivotal. We are young, and I think what we really need is a really good game #1 to get some young players like myself some confidence. There is a lot of potential for us if we ca do so. Anyway, I'd just like your opnions boys......

Jpats5, do you think if we get rolling our first game against West, that we (Bearden) can make a push in the region this year? That has been one thorn in our side the past couple of years. If we beat West the first game, I think we roll into Kingsport with a pretty good amount of confidence and can put up a game against DB. That momentum can hopefully be carried over to Farragut. I see the first three games of our season as being pivotal. We are young, and I think what we really need is a really good game #1 to get some young players like myself some confidence. There is a lot of potential for us if we ca do so. Anyway, I'd just like your opnions boys......

I belive you make a good point. I honestly don't think that they can pull off wins in the key areas such as DB to take the region. They might have a good year or not. Thay are kind of like us (sevier co.). were really young and our good seniors can't do it all alone. So in all fairness good luck. :D

Jpats5, do you think if we get rolling our first game against West, that we (Bearden) can make a push in the region this year?  That has been one thorn in our side the past couple of years.  If we beat West the first game, I think we roll into Kingsport with a pretty good amount of confidence and can put up a game against DB.  That momentum can hopefully be carried over to Farragut.  I see the first three games of our season as being pivotal.  We are young, and I think what we really need is a really good game #1 to get some young players like myself some confidence.  There is a lot of potential for us if we ca do so.  Anyway, I'd just like your opnions boys......

to your first question, yes. if bearden can get off to a good start they could finish 2nd in the region or even knock jeff co out of 1st place. what bearden needs is quick improvement in each of its scrimmages next month. however, don't get discouraged with who wins the scrimmages or even if you get beat badly the first one, just make good strides from one to the next, and by the time the season begins you should be ready. don't let DB scare you; bearden is catching them at a vulnerable time. they have no offensive line; their qb has no experience; they have no linebackers with any experience. furthermore, they have one of their weakest sr classes ever. we beat them 30-0 our fr yr; it could have been 50-0. while some people say that this doesn't matter, i disagree. heck, our fr team had never beaten them, so imagine how we felt beating them for the first time and with ease.

Edited by JPATS5

to your first question, yes. if bearden can get off to a good start they could finish 2nd in the region or even knock jeff co out of 1st place. what bearden needs is quick improvement in each of its scrimmages next month. however, don't get discouraged with who wins the scrimmages or even if you get beat badly the first one, just make good strides from one to the next, and by the time the season begins you should be ready. don't let DB scare you; bearden is catching them at a vulnerable time. they have no offensive line; their qb has no experience; they have no linebackers with any experience. furthermore, they have one of their weakest sr classes ever. we beat them 30-0 our fr yr; it could have been 50-0. while some people say that this doesn't matter, i disagree. heck, our fr team had never beaten them, so imagine how we felt beating them for the first time and with ease.

That's what I'm thinking. DB is not the team to beat this year, Jeff COunty is. But as far as I'm concerned, West is just as biga game as DB, We need to get rolling with a win and go into DB breathing fire. I think even though we are young, we are hungry.

Fromthetop, you're exactly right. Here's a list of the Hillsboro Road warriors:

D2-AA: Battle Ground Academy

D2-AAA: Brentwood Academy, Montgomery Bell Academy

1A: Christ Presbyterian Academy

2A: David Lipscomb

4A: Hillsboro

5A: Brentwood, Franklin

Having seen each one of these teams play last year, I can ask in all sincerity: Anyone wanna try to play all these teams in one year?

4 State Champions

3 State Runners-up

Franklin's 2 losses came only to Brentwood, the 5A state champ.

Not bad, eh? :)

WesVols, up kinda late are you? I look with humor at the thread titled "Super Conference;" with the "Elite 8" that you and I have posted, that alone would make a Super Conference. You would see spectacular and diverse football; you would see great coaching and gigantic crowds; you would see eight teams bleeding their last to be victorious. The winner would look like the last man standind in a WWE Death Cage match, probably too spent to take on anyone else. Whatever team you thought would be a "breather" would claw your eyes out if you weren't at your peak. If you emerged from that run above .500, you should be ranked the top team in Tennessee-any classification. You could also add Centennial and newbie Ravenwood to make it a Big Ten. The Raptors would be the easiest picking, but I doubt for long.