5a paper champ for 2003

JPATS5

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Stopngo....I never said that Oakland was going to the BCB. They have as good of a chance as any other school does. That is the beauty of the boards, to speculate and to dream.

And yes, Oakland did lose twice to Riverdale last year, but RHS will tell you that it was quite a game both times. If our offense had played as well as our defense, we would have won. Britton had not thrown an interception in 14 straight games, including their championship BCB game the past season. Well, our defense prompted 2 INT's that night. One was returned for a TD.

We are proud of our Patriots and believe in the kids, the coaches, and their abilities. We know what they are capable of achieving , whether they do it or not is up to them.However, win or lose--------------we still are behind them all the way!

JPATS5 what kind of offense does Jefferson Co. run. Since your the advocate for the team and all. Oh yeah what was the combined record of half the teams you guys played last year. Oh yeah SON, you guys haven't played Oakridge in 3 years.

Man your own people don't agree with you. Lets talk Jefferson Co. offense and I will tell you how to stop it.

JPATS5 what kind of offense does Jefferson Co. run. Since your the advocate for the team and all. Oh yeah what was the combined record of half the teams you guys played last year. Oh yeah SON, you guys haven't played Oakridge in 3 years.

Man your own people don't agree with you. Lets talk Jefferson Co. offense and I will tell you how to stop it.

my people didn't say that they didn't agree with me. they just think i'm being too dramatic. as for our offense, we use the wing-t with multiple sets. also, we throw the ball quite often, not your normal wing-t. meadows has always been able to run the wing-t to perfection no matter where he coaches.

Wing-T is a good offense if you have three components: a dominating offensive line, a smach mouth fullback and a athlete at quarterback. Now if they run a base wing-t formation the team will usually run 3 to 5 offensive plays but use formations to make it look like they are doing something totally different. If Jefferson Co. is spreading out and throwing the ball then they are becoming predictable because most wing-t teams are not passing teams, that is not to say that you can't pass out of the wing-t but the wing-t is a clock consuming machine not made for quick strikes. So I hope you guys don't get behind in a game by 2 or more tds because you may have to abandon your base offense. Defensively penetration kills the wing-t because you create piles in the offensive lines path and make the running backs have to change their paths. Defensively you have to have a good secondary that can set the corner and make the back cut inside. So even with all the speed and skill Jefferson Co. has they can be stopped by the right defensive scheme. Now JPATS is you want to talk football as for as offense and defense then I'm your guy. So when you want to talk about the real game of football then address your posts to the"GASSER I GOT YOUR ANSWER".

Defensively penetration kills the wing-t because you create piles in the offensive lines path and make the running backs have to change their paths.

All the Murfreesboro teams have excellent defensive lines, making the WingT a hard offense to run against them. I'd like to see Jefferson County come on over and try their system on one of our teams, just to see how well it would do. We could be in for a show.

-JohnC

Wing-T is a good offense if you have three components: a dominating offensive line, a smach mouth fullback and a athlete at quarterback. Now if they run a base wing-t formation the team will usually run 3 to 5 offensive plays but use formations to make it look like they are doing something totally different. If Jefferson Co. is spreading out and throwing the ball then they are becoming predictable because most wing-t teams are not passing teams, that is not to say that you can't pass out of the wing-t but the wing-t is a clock consuming machine not made for quick strikes. So I hope you guys don't get behind in a game by 2 or more tds because you may have to abandon your base offense. Defensively penetration kills the wing-t because you create piles in the offensive lines path and make the running backs have to change their paths. Defensively you have to have a good secondary that can set the corner and make the back cut inside. So even with all the speed and skill Jefferson Co. has they can be stopped by the right defensive scheme. Now JPATS is you want to talk football as for as offense and defense then I'm your guy. So when you want to talk about the real game of football then address your posts to the"GASSER I GOT YOUR ANSWER".

in 2000, alcoa's qb threw for over 2000 yds out of the wing-t. need i say more?

well, lets see how we stack up against your theory: dominating offensive line, we only return 2, but our guards are extremely quick and strong... yeary returns at g, is 5'8 210 and is extremely strong and quick, smiley, g, is 5'7 160 and is extremely quick and strong according to jeffcopatriot. in the wing-t, the guard play is the most crucial part of the line. our qb is a 3 yr starter (6'2 190) and is very athletic. we have a smash mouth fb, jennings, 6'2 212, who has already signed to play for vanderbilt. our tb & wb have blazing quickness (houston). our wr's, brown & cantrell, are capable of making a big plays at any moment. sounds pretty solid to me.

JPATS5 you may have something but Alcoa is not 5a football, and you look at there 2001 season when they played someone with speed, size and strengh(Maryville) they got man handled. But my point is that we in 4-5a have athletes on defense that can match up and force you into a onesided offense. Not saying that the wing-t is not a good offense or even that you can't pass out of it. I'm just saying that when you have a defense that is evenly matched with speed and have corners that can play man then you have a defense that is jus laying their ears back and blitzing every play so it make it tough to run or pass. So speed is nothing in 4-5a, we have to practice against it daily and then go out and play against it weekly. And nobody has run the wing-t better than Beech and Hendersonville in 5a so we see speed and quickness all the time.

Riverdale played a Hendersonville team that ran the WingT in the 2001 Blue Cross Bowl. Warriors 35 - Hendersonville 7. They weren't a bad team, Riverdale just had too much speed. The WingT did not generate a single first down until the third quarter. It ain't gonna get you there in 5A, in my opinion.

riverdale or oakland against ????? in the BCB. That's my prediction (such as it is)