Class 5A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Guest region4fan

Of course I want Oakland to win it all, but you can never doubt a Riverdale team. Everyone has said that they will have a down year for YEARS!!> They haven't had one yet. Our game will be played AGAIn at Tomahawk. The Warriors are still undefeated at home. We would be ecstatic to be the ones to break the streak. But...we will have to wait til mid October before finding out.

Thanks for the confidence!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i want to know is why Riverdale can never go to Oakland to play. Its always at Riverdale or MTSU. I mean come on Riverdale played at Blackman during the Blaze's first year. Hmmm I guess some certain "People" at Riverdale have good connections.LOL. Ahh i love football season. :angry:

Region4 you talked about how everybody says Riverdale is susposed to have a down year just about every year. Well theres a frist time for everything. And you know there bowned to have one sooner or later. Maybe this year is year. Yes they have like 80 something players, but i think when you have a smaller team like Oakland and Blackman you will be able to come together better as a team.. :angry: Thats just my opinion....

Well boys as much as I hate it I had to vote Riverdale in the poll. :) It's like muffin says, "until they get knocked off their still the reigning champs!" But I do think this is the year that it will happen! Wether it be Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna I don't know, but I have a gut feeling it will happen this season!

Reasons why:

Riverdale--They have alot of returning skill people with experience! Their O-line and D-line will be the question mark! But they have an excellent line coach in Coach Brittan(why he's still there I don't understand) but that's another story! Like I said earlier until one of us knocks them off their still on top!

Oakland--I think the Patriots have the most talent and experience in reg.4 but I'm still not sure about their leadership! That was their achielies(sp)heal last year! If they put it together as a team I think they can win it all. IF, they go injury free all season!

Blackman--I think the Blaze has the potential to be in the hunt for a playoff spot. They have alot of new starters. But, this year they have some very good leaders in the senior class along with some very good and hungry juniors! I don't know who jpats informants are but their right on the money! This team will get better every game barring injury! (all prayers accepted :) ) If my memory serves me correctly we meet Oakland week 6 and Riverdale week 8. So if I'm right in my predictions, we'll give them fits when the time comes as usual!

Smyrna--Well... It's put up or shutup time! They have the heralded QB, tops in all the big camps this summer, tops in all the papers, a good running back in Shannon, their supposed to be a complete team! This is supposed to be their year? All I can say is it's time to prove it on the field!

Region 4 5a will be the toughest in the state once again this year! Maybe not as deep, but just as tough! :P Good luck to everyone in region 4 until they play the BLAZE!!!

Edited by slim589

Guest region4fan

As usual Slim, you made extremely valid points.

As for Oakland, we are progressing more and more each scrimmage. I think we may surprise some people on down the road.

I think that despite what many are saying that the Blaze will turn it up and burn brightly. They have too much pride not to. I am a firm believer that there is life after Rico. I am just grateful that we will be playing at our house instead of the Inferno!

As for Riverdale, I just don't see them folding. They have so much depth and tradition.

As for playing AGAIN at Tomahawk, they say it is the luck of the coin toss that seals it for Riverdale. I too think someone is going to break that streak at home. I just hope it is a team from the Boro that does it.

As for Smyrna, I am not sure that they can live up to the hype. they have always been known as a fueding against each other kind of team.

What do you hear about Lavergne??

By my amateur count, Riverdale is going to start about 4-5 seniors. That is not the recipe you usually look for when trying to pick which teams will be playing in November. This Riverdale team wont be as dominant as some in the past, at least early in the year. So, in that sense, it will be a down year.

On the flip side, this team is going to be better than last years team in several areas. They will be able to score from anywhere on the field. They will put a lot of speed and talent on the field. There will not be a big drop off from the 1st to 2d team (depth). They have a bunch of playmakers.

We are headed for an interesting year and there is a definite possibility that Riverdale's home win streak could end this year. There may be several other firsts this yearl as I see Smyrna and Lebanon nailing down the 3d and 4th playoff spots.

Guess it will all start coming together in a couple weeks.