HEY RIVERDALE AND TDCMAN

olineathlete

Hey guys. Can you tell me something about C.J Powell? I know he played for RHS last year, but he came to oakland just yesterday. Apparently he and coach rankin got into it, and he quit or got kicked off...needless to say he isnt there. But since he is at oakland now, i was just wonderin if you had any info on him. Is he a good player?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember CJ Powell making a number of plays. He got quite a bit of work in the secondary. I'm speculating a little but I think he has been on and off the team more than once. I have no idea why. I did not see him on the roster in the spring but he could have been running track or playing baseball.

He is a good player and I wish he were finishing his career at Riverdale. Leaving and going somewhere else for your senior year is not something I could ever have considered. I can understand A.J.'s situation...he was a good player that just didn't have a position where he could start. Maybe CJ's situation is similar.

Maybe Riverdale is just not a good place for people who use initials instead of names. :rolleyes:

Guest region4fan

I know that CJ was not playing for RHS in the spring. Why, I don't know. I know that he was at our Blue/White game in the early spring. Apparently he is in the zone that got shifted to OHS b/c of Siegel. He could either stay at RHS or go to OHS. I guess it has taken him that long to decide?It is good to know that he will help Oakland. I could not imagine moving if he didn't have a chance to play.

We are DELIGHTED to get any new players at Oakland. Although we don't have the # of rings that Riverdale does, our players and coaches are second to none about caring about each other.

Edited by region4fan

He is small, and was inconsistent last year. He has pretty good speed, and he should be an asset to Oakland. I don't know about the particulars of why he is no longer at Riverdale, but I always hate to see one leave.

Hey fan, ya'll pick up a few more of our players and the Battle of the 'Boro becomes Riverdale versus North Riverdale. :unsure:

RIVERDALE, I'm just curious about what Riverdale fans think about the Blackman-Riverdale games. I know a lot of players at Riverdale say that they hate us more than Oakland now. What's your opinion? Do you think this new rivalry is good enough to also have the term "The Battle of the 'Boro?"

There will only ever be 1 true battle of the boro. its not the same thing between RHS and BHS as it is RHS-OHS. The schools have so much history, and were the only schools in the city for a long time. I dont think that just because its a good rivalry, it will ever be a real battle of the boro. that title is reserved for the OHS-RHS game :unsure: .

Hey fan, coach moose told me that C.J and Rankin got into it over something or other, and CJ just decided not to put up with him, so here he is. i think he will be a real good asset, especially since Reese cant play.

I agree that Riverdale - Oakland is the true Battle of the 'Boro. Blackman needs to beat Riverdale a couple of times for that series to truly become a Battle. I wonder if Oakland - siegel will ever reach that level?

The main reason for the hard feelings among many Riverdale fans against Blackman is due to the allegations made by some at Blackman that Riverdale was somehow cheating. These allegations were never discussed with anyone at Riverdale, but instead were reported to the TSSAA. Nothing was ever proven, but the Blackman people involved never apologized. It appeared to many, including myself, that since Blackman could not beat Riverdale on the field, why not make up a bunch of lies and try to keep the Warriors out of the playoffs altogether.

As time has passed, I respect what Blackman has accomplished in their short history. On the other hand, if Riverdale can only win one game this or any other year, I hope they beat Blackman. I don't hold the hard feelings against the players or most of the Blackman fans, but against the administration there.

Edited by Riverdale

Guest region4fan

Good post as always Riverdale. I agree that the hard feelings between the schools stem from the allegations made.

Hey Riverdale, I would appreciate it if you would pass along a few more of those Riverdale players our way. You have so many, and we lack depth. I won't be too greedy, just about 15 kids should do it. Oh...put Thomas in that group too. You don't even have to put the bow around his neck for us!! I will even go and pick them all up. HAHA!!! We will take all kids that go by initials separately from the above. And we would like thoem ASAP!!!!

You are right, the initial rivalry was Oakland /Riverdale. There will never be another Battle of the Boro but them. Now maybe Blackman can pick a new title for their match with the 'Dale. And no, I do not think that the Siegel/Oakland Rivalry will ever attain the Battle of the Boro status. With the principal being Kenny Nolan, I do not think he will encourage hatred b/tween the schools.

to everyone on this thread, I don't think that our administration going to the TSSAA was right. However I do know a few players that were zoned for Blackman and stayed at Riverdale. I'm not going to complain right now because that's all in the past. I'm just saying that there were a few people that weren't abiding by the rules.