Bradley and whitestation

Helen01

He had eight stitches in his eye and could not play any of the tournament play, but he is fine. It was great to see the team play so GREAT without Pickel and Hare. Probably the best coached team around. The beat a good Ridgeway team and played WS to within 12 without the two guards. Not making excuses for losing, just stating that the team is strong. I would love to see WS and BC in the state finals again this year, but it will be a long road for BOTH teams to get there. By the way, Bradley plays a tough schedule. Don't want to hear about their schedule. They are going to the Cotton Classic in Arkansas, Arby's Classic and going to Giles County to play in front of their crowd. They play Blackman, Riverdale, Cleveland.... all state ranked teams. They defeated powerhouse Hamilton last year in the state and defeated Ridgeway last week without Hare and Pickel. Don't know if Bradley will even make it back to the state next year, but I surely hope so. Nothing I would like any better than to see a White Station/Bradley matchup again. Would Bradley win???? Don't count them out if that happens cause stranger things have happened!!!!! :blink:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamilton isn't very good, they have a few great players, but anderson can't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. They lost earlier today to Raleigh Egypt.

Ridgeway is also missing a lot, and remember they didn't have sophomore sensation 6'6 250, Nike Camp attendee, Pierre Niles, who will be playing this season.

B.C. is a very good team, probably a top 5 AAA team in the state, and I don't want to act like they aren't very good, because they are, White Station won this morning by 35 by the way...they play Raleigh Egypt in about an hour and a half.

It's interesting you say that Rebelron...

Raleigh Egypt, who lost to White Station by 16 a week ago, dethroned the champs and are currently undefeated at the MUS tournament. They beat WSHS in a controversial game by 4. The best teams that are still undefeated are probably R.E. and Fairley, who has the best front line out of anyone in the entire state...6'10, and a 6'6 kid who has arms bigger than my legs. Fairley had 4 dunks in a span of one minute and 30 seconds...and that was with the 6'10 and the 6'6 kids out.

Raleigh Egypt is in AA, not AAA.

So White Station doesn't really have to worry about them. Hamilton has the best player in the city, but White Station is by far the deepest and probably tallest overall team in the city and one of the tallest in the state. 6'7 guards come off the bench...J.P. Prince is 6'6 or so and is the starting SG. Their center is 6'8, their small forward is 6'4 to 6'5 I believe. They are just really tall and they can all shoot the three. If you took out their point guard, who is really good but only about 5'10? Their starting lineup would be about 6'6. They have a great coach as well.

Bradley Central is the only other team that I have seen that can keep up with White Station, perhaps Fairley as well.

If you can win the city championship in Memphis you can win the state title.

Memphis is one of the top basketball cities in the country.

Tell me more about Pierre Niles? Is he an upcoming sophomore or junior?

The state of Tennessee is loaded with talent the next few years.

Brandon Wright

Willie Kemp

Tyler Smith

Charles Little

The Delk Twins

JP Prince

I hope as a UT fan Buzz can get some of these kids.

So White Station doesn't really have to worry about them. Hamilton has the best player in the city, but White Station is by far the deepest and probably tallest overall team in the city and one of the tallest in the state. 6'7 guards come off the bench...J.P. Prince is 6'6 or so and is the starting SG. Their center is 6'8, their small forward is 6'4 to 6'5 I believe. They are just really tall and they can all shoot the three. If you took out their point guard, who is really good but only about 5'10? Their starting lineup would be about 6'6. They have a great coach as well.

Bradley Central is the only other team that I have seen that can keep up with White Station, perhaps Fairley as well.

Ego, the team White Station whipped in the 1:00 game today is bigger...that being Hamilton.

White Station is the best team in AAA, and Raleigh-Egypt is going to be awfully tough to beat in AA. They whipped Hamilton yesterday and DESTROYED both Ridgeway and Northside today, as well as beating White Station yesterday.

Fairley gave White Station a good game and could end up playing the spoiler for them at the end of the year if they meet at the wrong time again.

I wasn't able to attend many games yesterday. Hamilton last year featured a lineup that went 4 guys over 6'8 at some points, and the other kid being 5'9 but really quick and good (Dustin Richmond maybe?)...I completely forgot about Hamilton. Perhaps because they really pose no threat, their coaching really hurts them.

Do you know who won the Hamilton versus Sheffield game?

Sheffield was destroying Hamilton fpr a while, and Josh Stafford took over. I didn't get to see it, but he tried dunking on Shawne Williams but got fouled and just hung on the room...not to bad considering he is 6'1. I believe they were winning 30-12 at one point...Sheffield and Raleigh Egypt have more returning firepower than anyone else in AA from Memphis...Ridgeway has some great players in Pierre Niles, an upcoming SOPHOMORE who went to the Nike camp recently, and at 6'5 250, he can cause some problems inside. They also have 6'6, strongman Michael Rice, who used to go to White Station...and ex-starting point guard for Briarcrest, Jordan Mincy.

Rebelron-another great player that you are forgetting about in the state of TN is Jamont Gordon. I think he is better than the Delks, and better than Tyler Smith...he is so explosive, and his body is much bigger than the Delks, and he is a great passer...you really can not stop him, just hope he has an off game. He outshined everyone at the AAU 16U state tournament a few weeks ago, which had some great talent in attendance.

This is the best preseason basketball camp in the state of Tn in my opinion...and might have the best overall talent, per team, than anywhere besides the Arby's Classic (and it might be better than them!)

Ego,

Raleigh Egypt also defeated White Station for the summer league championship at White Station. The ONLY team that has beaten White Station at all is Raleigh Egypt, and the Pharaohs have done it twice. Also Beat Ridgeway 59-40, Mitchell 82-50, Northside 73-43, Hamilton 85-70, and Sheffield 69-54. Pretty fair three days.

Bolivar looked extremely good. They have all of the ingredients. Two big men inside that can play and Brian Lake played great. Solid point guard in Willie Kemp, with a variety of good solid players off the bench, make them multidimentional. Will be tough to beat!!! Gave White Station a fit for three and a half quarters.