Oak Ridge Coaching

Beagleboy

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have observed, Coach Speas is a very focused and interested young coach, a good addition to the staff. He is coaching QBs and Defensive Backs I believe. He is a welcome addition to the staff. Other new coaches also seem to be enthusiastic and ready to go. We had a good scrimmage with Maryville, learned a lot, which is what scrimmages are all about, for the most part it looked pretty even, and we had some good yardage running the ball, saw a lot of bright spots and spots to work on...but this team should be very good, we need good fan support to give these boys an extra lift, saw good evidence of that at the scrimmage with "Glory Hill" full of cars.

Well Im a Dobyns Bennett fan and Im picking Oak Ridge to win it all this year. 30 Seniors on this team, are you kidding me. They could have won it all last year if they could have goten by DB. And they came as close as you can come to winning that game. Remember what these nay-sayers have said about the coaching staff when you guys are siting down there in the Boro.

i have great respect for oak ridge football....their reputation speaks well of their program.....

the head coach is the BOSS.....it is his way or the highway........... it is not a democracy......that is why he wears the title......

the asstiant coaches are there to carry out the objectives of the program, as directed by the head coach.........

if he has a ast coach on his staff that does not support him, the program, or the kids, then it is time for that coach to move on, or have a change of attitude.....

the head coach is responsibile for the program and its direction.........

• 2 weeks later...

Tnbreakers...Don't let your Rotweiler mouth get your Humming Bird tush in trouble. I was at every game last year supporting the players. I have also been a fan since the 50's played for OR as well. I know who you are and you are the last person who will shut me up. By some socks, let your talented boys play. You are a guest in this town pal. No one I know tales shots at the players and I condemn anyone who does. I will voice my opinion about Brucie all I want. I also know both young assistant Coaches and support the totally.

GO CATS! :ph34r:

Wow Catwatch! Those are strong words for such an old coot. ;) Welcome to the thread. TnBreakers pretty much sums up my feelings as well. What is amazing is I have been waiting for several days to discuss the Bearden scrimmage and all we have is your intelligent comments. Let's get behind the team and cheer them on to state!