Soddy Daisy/Coffee County Scrimmage

nolesfan

Well I don't know how many players Soddy had out or how many Coffee Co. had out but from what I was told by someone who was there was that Soddy was dominated on both sides of the ball by Coffee Co. I'm sure that both teams will improve has the season goes on but it looks like Coffee Co. may just surprise some folks this year. Good luck to both teams.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've enjoyed reading this thread, and I'd like to wish both SD and Coffee County the best of luck this year!

From a neutral standpoint, I did speak with one of the SD players this weekend concerning the scrimmage, and he said the same thing sd189 said regarding the injured players. SD was definitely short-handed.

My only question is why is depth a problem at SD? A 5-A school, not to mention one of the top 5 largest in the state, should have at least 60 to 70 players out. It's my understanding that only 40 to 45 went to camp. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Shula Backer is correct in stating that SD does not have a large team this year. I don't know the exact number of players, but I know that it is less than fifty. I do not really know why this is the case, but the team is still extremely talented. Unfortunately, a lot of that talent is on the sidelines right now. There have been no extremely serious injuries though. The lack of depth is compounded by the fact that not one player is playing on both sides of the ball.

The result of the scrimmage with Coffee County was marred by the injuries to SD and to how tired the team was after a long and physical camp. Good luck to both teams.

Nolesfan-"Those in the know"

sd189 is right about the injuries, he should know he is one of them. you played a team that was missing 6 def starters and 4 off starters, including both running backs. Thats why the qb lead the team in rushing, with 1 attempt. Coffee Co looked very good and should do well this year, but as one of your coaches said Sat. after the scrimmage, "We will have to be hard on them Monday, to make sure they realize this doesn't mean anything". Good luck to Coffee Co.

Shula Backer, I also heard that Soddy had some players out for this scrimmage but I know that Coffee Co. had players out too. What does all this mean? It means this was just a scrimmage and that both teams were trying to get ready for the regular season. But, it doesn't change the out come of the scrimmage...Coffee Co. out played Soddy and for Soddy's sake I hope they'll be healthy when the regular season starts so they won't have to make any excuses. Coffee Co. football hasn't been very successful in the past so maybe this scrimmage will give them something to build on for the up comming season. I'm sure that when both teams are at full strength they'll play better than they did during this early scrimmage. Again, good luck to both teams.

Alot of them are back this week. The worst injury was a high ankle sprain to a db starter. Some were concussions, but nothing serious. Some of them could have played, and had it been a real game most would have, but why risk it for a scrimmage. The mlb played the first series, but that was it, he has bruised ribs or shoulder?

Sly- it's not an excuse, I just want to make sure you know the real story. Keep pounding on your chest and someone may sneek up on you and bite you in the butt. It happened to us last year, we beat Red Bank by 40+, in our 1st game, and then lost the next 2 games....to much chest pounding! AS it turned out almost everybody beat Red Bank, so it didn't mean much.

Deepball Dad