Who has a good running game goin into 03

Mother1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say Cloudland's Dakota Benfield is very strong. CAK finally has a healthy John Douglas who is a player. I belive he suffered from an ankle injury last season, but this year hes stronger and faster and might pose a problem for many defenses. Lipscombs Culter Robertson is a player. He was MVP last year and I see him having a banner year this year. Anderson County's Jason Sanders is a power house. Gaining over 1700 yards last year, he is the man that will lead the ground attack for the Mav's.

sweetwaters running game has speed and power .... im sure everyone has heard of dustin latham by now ..preseason all-state in 2a over 3000 yards at the fb position and is just a junior this year.. he had tons of honors and award last season and jam ferguson is tb with lots of speed and he isnt afraid to lower his head ..and jeffery moore is just plain fast at wingback ..and we have a moble qb in chris melton ... and a good stout line to open up holes for all of these guys !!

Edited by CIZZLE

i would beg to differ, blazep, blackman's running game will really be up in the air since the lost all 5 o-line starters, plus breaking in a new rb as well, i mean they may eventually be decent but i think they will have to throw to win this year.

You beg all ya want to, but BlazeP is right! Our O-line is a work in progress that is looking better with every practice! We will have a good running game, and not with just Kenny! There are a few surprises coming! You are right about passing the ball, we will do enough to keep everyone honest! If we, just like you guys, stay injury free we'll do better than everyone thinks! :rolleyes:

Oak Ridge.

Corey Booker carried the ball for just under 1300 yards and 14 TD's on just 152 carries last year. His back-up, Spencer Gulmire rushed for 639 yards and 5 TD's on just 69 carries. Gulmire was a Freshman. If Booker hadn't shared playing time with Gulmire he would have easily amassed over 2000 yards.

Look out for the CATS this year, because thay will be able to throw the ball as well.

GO WILDCATS!

East Ridge will be rebuilding a line but has possibly the states fastest running back in Anthony Anderson. (Track State Champion last year)

Problem, Antioch does not have to rebuild the line and does have the state's fastest running back in Lamarcus Coker (200 m champion, 2nd in 100m). Backups can start almost anywhere in the state. Watch out!!!!! ;):o:o