Girls

2Good4u

Here is my answer in short...

Girls shouldn't step onto the playing field unless they are carrying the Gatorade bottles. period. Football is a mans game and it should stay that way. We don't want to start turning out a bunch of crippled girls because they got rammed into the grass by a 250 pound linebacker.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess you havent read the articles then have you? These gals have been sucessful at it. Give credit where credit is due guys. Any number of stories out there about girls that are doing great. There is a girl running back in hawaii that led her team to a division title, all males and one girl. These girls have nothing to prove they evidently love the sport or they wouldnt be good at it in the first place. I still think they ought to have a league of their own.

There was a girl playing for trousdale counties jr. high team last year,who took a beating every day in practice,but always got up asking for more.She wasn't there to make some kind of point,she was there because liked football plain and simple.It's a tough sport but if they can take it,more power to 'em.

warrior,

i completley agree with you. males, unlike females, have the desire to beat the man across from them as bad as they possibly can and if that involves having a splitting headache, getting cuts on your legs and arms or maybe even hurting yourself worse than that, men will do whatever it takes. i dont know if any of the players hear their coaches say "get mad". now in the real world going and beating up people at will isnt socially acceptable.and thats why football is so great. you can get out there and for as long as practice or a game takes you can beat the snot out of the person you dont like or you just feel like taking it out on for as long as you feel able to. i honestly believe that football is a game where you can keep all the anger from the day inside of you and then once you step onto the field you can unleash all that anger and frustration and thats why the coaches tell you to get mad. girls on the other hand dont have the same killer instinct that guys do. and while you may argue that girls could be physically able to play the game of football i believe it lays more in the mental than the physical. girls dont have that same killer instinct that men do to whip the man(or to be politcally correct, person) across from them. and thats why girls shouldnt play football.

Edited by CoachLogan74

Girls fight in school with other girls, not with guys. Guys don't fight a lot because they are more carefree. Some girls care so much about guys that they are willing to do very extreme things to keep the guys, these girls, are the ones you stay away from. Now some girls love to play football, they love to tackle, so on and so on; however, I don't think its fair for the boys to play them against girls. Now you may say, 'what are you talking about, why?' Well the truth is, most guys aren't comfortable hitting a girl while running full speed. Some of the real jerks don't mind, but most of them with half a brain know that its not right, therefore they hold back. Now the holding back drives girls crazy because they want to believe they are just as tough as the boys. I am not going to argue that point, because, some girls are just as tough as the boys, but everyone is different. Now I think that if girls get to play football then it should be equal around the board. At Maryville, boys cannot play volleyball, cheerlead, or dance. Now it wouldn't be fair for girls if they allowed boys to join the volleyball team. Because its a known fact that boys can jump higher than girls, therefore, spiking the ball would be considerably easier and the ball would move downward at a greater angle making it harder to hit. So really its not fair for the girls in volleyball, it may be the same way for the boys in football. Sure the boys will probably have a weight advantage in football, but its still strange grabbing a girl in places you wouldn't normally grab. :)

I have coached co-ed sports, girls teams, and football. I feel that girls should not play football especially high school as an issue of the players. It was bad enough in soccer the way the guys would assert themselves with the girls. By law if a coach sets the rule that girls can't play football it is enforced since boys can't play volleyball.

THIS A LATE REPLY TO WHETHER GIRLS SHOULD PLAY FOOTBALL. THE FACT IS IF THEY WANT TO IN TN. YOU CANT STOP THEM. GIRLS ARE NOT PHYSICALLY EQUIPED TO PLAY AT THE HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL AND ABOVE. EVEN IN JUNIOR HIGH IT IS TOUGH ON THEM ALL THE BOYS THAT PLAY ARE NOT EQUIPED TO PLAY WE HAVE SOME GUYS THAT ARE 6' 3'' AND 280 WHO ARE ALLERGIC TO CONTACT. BUT GIRLS ARE NOT TOUGH ENOUGH TO PLAY WITH GOOD PLAYERS AND TEAMS. CHILDBIRTH OR NO CHILDBIRTH THIS IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY. IF A YOUNG MAN WHO COULD NOT MAKE THE BOYS BASKETBALL TEAM WANTED TO JOIN THE GIRLS TEAM HE WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED. IF A GIRL WANTED TO JOIN THE BOYS TEAM YOU WOULD HAVE TO LET HER IF PUSH CAME TO SHOVE. EVEN IF THERE WAS A GIRLS TEAM. THE PLAYING FIELD IS NOT FAIR TITLE 9 HAS CREATED ALOT OF THESE ENEQUITIES WITH THE CURRENT ENFORCEMENT SYSTEM. I THINK MOST PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT WOMEN SHOULD HAVE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES BUT SHOULD THEY BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOUR SONS IS THIS NOT DISCRIMINATION IF DISCRIMINATION IS WRONG IT IS WRONG. I AM VERY INVOLVED IN WRESTLING THIS SPORT HAS SUFFERED SO MUCH AS HAS GYMNASTICS SWIMMING MENS VOLLEYBALL AND ALOT OF OLYMPIC SPORTS HAVE SUFFERED. BUT I STILL BELIEVE WOMEN SHOULD BE GIVEN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES NOT MORE NOT BETTER AS THE QUOTA SYSTEM HAS MANDATED. WOMEN AND MEN ARE DIFFERENT AND I LIKE THAT THERE ARE NO BLURED GENDER LINES WE ARE DIFFERENT. MEN AS A WHOLE ARE BIGGER STRONGER AND FASTER AND TOUGHER AND MORE AGGRESSIVE. ONE GUY SAID HE WAS 6' 3'' 250 AND A PETITE WOMEN THRU HIM AROUND WHEN I WAS YOUNG I WAS AROUNG A FEMALE NATL. CHAMP IN JUDO AN KARATE. SHE COULD NOT THROUGH ANY OF US AROUND WE WWHERE COLLEGE WRESTLERS. BUT SHE WAS VERY GOOD VERY TOUGH AND VERY STRONG WE WHERE STRONGER AND TOUGHER AND MORE AGGRESSIVE. BUT BACK TO THE POST GIRLS SHOULD NOT PLAY THERE MAY BE ONE IN AMILLION CAPABLE BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 999,999.