Girls

2Good4u

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know girls who could do so much better than some guys out on the field.

There is nothing wrong with a girl playing football. Guys think they will lose

their dignity if a girl is better than them at something.

ummm, i think you are mistaken. in a guys league, i dont think a girl would do better than a guy out there on the field. most of these guys have been playin all their life and you wanna tell me that a girl is gonna go out tehre and shine with just nature ability or something? girls bodies arent even made the same as a guys and thats why girls can't really hang with the guys in their sports. i dont think a girl would show up a guy on the field. and if it did happen, yes the guy would lose all his dignity.

If the line would make a hole...you could have a girl at running back that will hit her hole and run through it. If she's quick it won't matter if she has the body or not to get tackled. Same thing for wide reciever. If she's quick enough and fast enough it won't matter. And I know girls who are fast enough. It don't matter that a girl can get hurt. Anyone can get hurt. Who is the smallest guy playing football?? We have someone who is 5'2 around 130.

Edited by Softballchic125

Softballchic125. Your statement is ridiculous. If there is a hole everytime and if wide recievers never got hit, then you would be 100% correct. The fact is that there isn't a whole every time and wide recievers get hit the hardest when they go across the middle, not too mention they have to block most of the time in the high school game. And if a girl should be able to play football, then guys should be able to come out and play softball with the girls team. How many positions do you think will be left for the girls if guys where allowed to play?

newballer,

You have must have forgotten about Shelia Gonser, OHS Class of 2002. I know for a fact that she hits harder than Kris Gray. Zach Sanders, well that's one I would like to see.

To the rest,

I believe that if that they are good enough, put up with the crap, and can do the job and be able to protect themselves on the field, by all means let them play. Anyone can get hurt on the field at anytime, game or practice. Proper technique must be taught and in my experience, women want to absorb everything like a sponge and seem to make more of an effort to learn and do tackling, blocking, ball handling, etc... the right way. The one thing that I have observed that women do have more knee injuries in football than guys do, but in regards to heart and pain tolerance, I would have to give women their props.

Everyone seems to forget that Tennessee had a young lady as an all-state FOOTBALL player in 4-A very recently.

And there are at least 7 womens' football teams in the state of Tennessee and two leagues based in the state. But rarely do the players come in knowing the technique on how to play the game. If allowed to play, they must be taught the game from scratch though, which is not neccessarily a bad thing.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Edited by thorough97

yes i remember sheila gonser, i had theater arts with her, even though she is a big girl and may play for the locomotion, there is no way she hits harder than kris gray, and especially not zach sanders, that is just absurd to think that, zack may be the hardest hitter to ever come out of ooltewah besides richard henderson, she might hit hard, but that is hitting other girls, not going up against the guys

Thank you thourough97-at least some of us know what we are talking about. We had a girl play for us, and she weighed a good 240-which was not all fat. She came out and lifted weights with the team, practiced with the team, and put her heart into it and plus she was good. They have baseball for guys who want to play softball. They have powder puff for girls, but its not the same. You wear flags and pull them to "tackle". There's nothing like getting out there and tackling wearing pads instead of yanking someone's flag. They have guys soccer and girls soccer with the same rules. So why don't they have girls football with the same rules??

Thank you thourough97-at least some of us know what we are talking about. We had a girl play for us, and she weighed a good 240-which was not all fat. She came out and lifted weights with the team, practiced with the team, and put her heart into it and plus she was good. They have baseball for guys who want to play softball. They have powder puff for girls, but its not the same. You wear flags and pull them to "tackle". There's nothing like getting out there and tackling wearing pads instead of yanking someone's flag. They have guys soccer and girls soccer with the same rules. So why don't they have girls football with the same rules??

Listen, woman. The reason there is no female football in highschool is because there aren't enough girls to play. BUT--let's say for a minute there were. There would NOT be enough people in the stands to muffle the sound of a dropping pen. The only cheers would be from the sidelines from the team's own players organizing little cheers (just like in soccer). I admit, i would probably pay to see a few games, but it would get old after awhile. It just wouldn't be entertaining--too much of their bodies would be covered.

What if a guy wants to play volleyball? Can he do that? I seriously doubt it. If that was allowed, all of the basketball players would come out and dominate. It would turn into a guy's sport.

Here is my proposal: Girls: don't even try to play on a guys' team. Guys: support the girls' teams so they don't try to come onto yours.

That's all.