My New Chattanooga area Top 20!

Sequatchie

Just for the record, I am a South Pittsburg Fan, but I would love to see SD win a state championship. I have been to several games of SD, I enjoy the atmosphere of your fans/stadium and I have seen several teams play from SD that had the talent to win it all. But I'm telling, you're coaching has been sub par....you should have beat Marion County when you played them at Soddy Daisy, but coaching got you beat. Going for a score when a field goal would win the game, when you have one of the best kickers in the area. You should have at least 2 State Rings from the teams I have seen.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shula wrote: Let me know if I left something out. Now tell me, why can't the football program be included in this number?

I think I know why, but for some reason several SD backers on this board will not give an answer. I believe they know, but don't want to admit it.

Here is how I had last years Week 0 poll!

2002 Week 0 Poll!

1. McCallie School (Defending State Champions!)

2. Ooltewah

3. Baylor School (Better than people think!)

4. Tyner Academy (Could beat anyone on a given night)

5. East Ridge

6. Soddy-Daisy

7. Cleveland

8. Red Bank

9. Boyd-Buchanan

10. Bradley Central

11. Brainerd

12. Meigs County

13. Sequatchie County

14. Howard

15. Walker Valley

and this season!

2003 PRESEASON WEEK 0

1. Tyner Academy

2. Cleveland

3. South Pittsburg

4. Grundy County =(Next: Page)

5. Boyd-Buchanan =(Next: Howard)

6. Ooltewah =(Next: Red Bank)

7. McCallie School =(Next: Hixson (Finley Stadium)

8. Chattanooga Central =(Next: Notre Dame)

9. Baylor School

10. McMinn County =(Next: At. Cumberland County)

11. Whitwell

12. Soddy Daisy

13. Sequatchie County

14. Rhea County

15. East Ridge =(Next: At. Bradley Central)

16. Marion County

17. Notre Dame =(Next: At. Chatt. Central)

18. Meigs County

19. Howard =(Next: At. Boyd Buchanan)

20. Polk County

Well, Kingston traveled to Tyner and beat them.

Tyner is big and they are good but they can be beaten.

Bolden hurt an ankle and was taken from the field to a truck and an ice pack. Tyner has two or three in excess of 305 pounds but the scrappy Kingston O and D lines carved lanes and blocked holes all afternoon.

Kingston was able to seal the middle quite effectivly.

If Tyner gets outside it is a foot race.

Oh well, I guess Kingston (80 miles away) is Chattanooga's new number one.

I noticed that the Chattanoogan.com had an article about Boulden but didn't mention the score. Obviously written before the game started.

From the new champion of Chattanooga football, Kingston, Tennessee.

well, i did play for soddy a few years ago. and i will say that with the tallent that we had we should have won a few state championships. or at least went farther in the playoffs than we did. with tallent like lydell blue, and avery, chuck losey, jarvis smith, robby massengale, a kicker like david collet. we had the tallent but alot of times not the caoching. i was on the sidelines i know alot of the calls and calling 34 g georgia 20 times a game wont win you many state championships. even with price there he was mainly defense and coach ryan offense. and with the tallent offensively that we had we should be playing for a state title every year. but i will say that coach ryan is a lot like randy sanders. way to conservative and thats why we are where we are at. but i wish my boys all the luck in the world this year and maybe we can bring home a state title. with the qb, running backs, and recievers we have we will be much tougher than some people say. and also people do not look at scrimmages as any more than what they are. a practice against another team. many times during scrimmages in my four years we got beat by teams that we beat pretty badly during the season. this is the time when coaches find out who can and who cant play. so take them with a grain of salt. you all get way to fired up about beating someone but guess what. i dont see that winning a state championship at the end of the year. anyways. coaching has been one of the big reasons why soddy has not moved to the next level. plus the reason why alot of kids that probably could play do not play. later cobra

Sequachie i dont know what u did today but if u would have watched the 6-way scrimmage at Baylor this morning you would be changing your poll. but not much.. i agree with it for the most part.. Exept Cleveland is way over rated.. they have a good running game but NO defense.. and Chatt. Central is not better than Baylor.. They scrimmaged first this morning and Baylor ran right over them and Baylor's scrimmage with Cleveland resulted in Baylor scoring on two long runs then putting in the 2's just like the past 2 seasons... but i think Baylor will prove themselves in thier first two games with Hixson and Boyd.. and after Baylor beats Boyd maybe that dude will shut up crying about being 5th in your poll..

Sequachie i dont know what u did today but if u would have watched the 6-way scrimmage at Baylor this morning you would be changing your poll. but not much.. i agree with it for the most part.. Exept Cleveland is way over rated.. they have a good running game but NO defense.. and Chatt. Central is not better than Baylor.. They scrimmaged first this morning and Baylor ran right over them and Baylor's scrimmage with Cleveland resulted in Baylor scoring on two long runs then putting in the 2's just like the past 2 seasons... but i think Baylor will prove themselves in thier first two games with Hixson and Boyd.. and after Baylor beats Boyd maybe that dude will shut up crying about being 5th in your poll..

I didn't go to the scrimmages today but my Poll is for Week 0 & how I see teams going into that friday. I will have another one after all the Week 0 games & Jamborees are final.

You are welcome to post your own poll (just keep it own this thread).!

A lot of people are don't like the way I see things headed into the first games but I don't see anyone else putting what they see as the Top 15-20 teams.

after the 6-way scrimmage at baylor and from what i know and have seen of the teams heres my top 20

1. Tyner

2. South Pittsburg

3. McCallie

4. Grundy Co.

5. Baylor

6. Cleveland

7. Ooltewah

8. Boyd Buchanon

9. McCminn Co.

10. Chatt. Central

11. Soddy Daisy

12. Hixson