Dobyns-Bennett vs. Maryville Scrimmage

dbblood#22

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mr dilweed, what in your view would be the next level in Tennessee. Maryville was the only undefeated and three time state champ last year to my knowlege. So from Maryville's #1 pearch where would the higher level be! MBA is not a school like Maryville but upon any meeting that would have happended the last three years, Maryville would have wipped MBA too, no question. This year is a new one and no one knows how it will go. If this is a down year for Maryville so be it, but any team who may beat them this year will earn it by play not the war of words by arm chair QB's who have not been there or done it. My kids have and have nothing to prove.

Well what can I say, DB got "steamrolled". The final was Maryville 24 DB 14 if that matters, which it don't. Maryvilles first team ran all over DB, AND PASSED AND BLOCKED AND...... I thought we had a good defense this year ? Maryville must have had 300yrds. in the first half. DB's first team offense had no drives at all. Lamon Williams scored on a desperation pass from Ferguson when the defender fell down. Williams never came close to anything else. Dee Peeler striped the ball from a Maryville runningback to score DB's other TD. Two freek plays. Maryville's QB made fools out of the Indians defensive backs and linebackers.

Standouts for DB, were Dee Peeler, and Steven Moton. Standouts for Maryville was the entire team.

Yes Maryville is the best team in the State, and yes DB has a lot of work to do. The score could have just as easly been 31-0. If that matters, which it don't.

But then what do I know....im wAcO ;)

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Maryville looked very, very good, and DB still looked like they needed work, however i do think DB played better offensively than they played in their previous scrimmages, but the defense did not look as sharp. Maybe it was because Maryville was just too fast and had too much power. But all I know is that Maryville looked great, and i wouldnt be at all suprised to see a 4peat.