Cumberland Gap at Rutledge

ScubaSam

Guest 1uk1vol

This will be a very interesting game. The staff at CG got alot better with the hiring of Middlesboro KY offensive co. Coach Cline will also show a defense that many have not seen. However 2a football will be a challenge for them, since they didn't get any footballers from the school that they merged with, they are truely still a single a team. Rutledge a 3a program with a great staff and very hard nose attitude should win the game. This game will not give you traditionally powerhouse teams but will be a very good game to watch. Rutledge 32 CG 21

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a whole new ball game coming up from Class A...

CG won't be able to stop the ground game...

Pioneers by 3 touchdowns...

Yes, there has been a staff change....for the better. Yes, CG didn't get any players from the school they merged with. And Yes, this is a "step-up" from A.........However, I wouldn't be so quick to say they are competitive in A and "out of their league" now. You know the old saying that is very true................

"You can't judge a book by looking at it's cover" !

Panther's will prevail !

Guest 1uk1vol

I hope that CG is very sucessful. If the new facility can keep players from jumping state lines and playing in KY they will be. In the past 10 years they have lost so many good players to M"boro and Bell Co. Ky. They could have made a run in class A in the past. If memory serves when Bell CO. won the state championship ther were at least 5 starters from Tn on that team. A couple of those players played in the KY TN allstar game for KY and lived in TN. In 98 M'boro State champs featured at least 2 players. All of these would have played for Powell Valley. Great facility need to promote it. Good Luck

Folks...allow me to amend my pick a little...

Nathan Potter has a broken foot that he sustained in the G-P scrimmage...he might play with it heavily taped or he may not play

If he plays...my original pick stands...

If he doesn't play...Rutledge by 10...

Gap fans, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to slight you in the least, but when you live by the pass you die by the pass...I got a feeling that Tyler Francisco is going to get to know Jason Gray really well on Friday night. Don't be surprised if Rutledge has Gray man-on-man with Francisco wherever he is in the formation...

I will say this...if Loza was still with you guys, I'd be a lot more worried...I still don't like that we've never been very good against pass-happy offenses and that we may be without our defensive captain, but it's at Rutledge and depth will be a factor late in the hot weather...

I've not gotten a chance to see a roster yet...how many does CG dress?

Edited by KevB1990

I will say this...if Loza was still with you guys, I'd be a lot more worried...I still don't like that we've never been very good against pass-happy offenses and that we may be without our defensive captain, but it's at Rutledge and depth will be a factor late in the hot weather...

Yes, Loza was the "shining star" of PV..........HOWEVER..........Best not "overlook" those with talent whose light wasn't able to "shine" as bright with the "focus" on Loza.

Cumberland Gap has more than you think, but hey, that's fine. Don't worry ! :D