Best Player of the last decade

boneal52

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boneal52, Markell was a man among boys when he was in High School. Actually, he didn't play at all his senior year because of a blown out knee that he suffered in a spring scrimmage. When he was a junior, he QB'ed the team to a 14-1 season and a state championship, avenging their lone loss to Oakland in the state championship game. He was the best running quarterback I have EVER seen, bar none. Had he not gotten injured, he could have probably played at any college that he wanted to. I used to have some game tapes of him his junior season, you just have to see it to believe what a great player he was, words do not do him justice.

Markell Rice had the prettiest punt return for a touchdown that I have ever seen vs. Hendersonville. Every player had a ear hole shot on the return. His senior season would have been special because his junior year he was incredible.

Calvin Hall-Gallatin

John Henderson- Pearl Cohn

Leroy Thompson-Austin East

Eric Westmoreland-Marion Co

James Wilhoit-Hendersonville

Fernando Bryant-Riverdale

just afew of many that I have seen that could really play some ball

Chris Elam of Coffee Co. He led CC to its 1st & so far only play off appearance ever in 1997. He had 370+ yards & 4 scores vs McMinn Co in 5A 1st round and 100+ & a score in the TN - KY allstar game in Lexington. If it wasn't for Eric Locke, Chris was the best player in the region if not the state in 1997. Ask those who saw him play, he could run over & out run defenses.

don't think so about Al Davis, Jr. or the third or which ever played for Alcoa in '93. I played against him and he wasn't all that in Football and this is a football board. He was nowhere close to a Fernando Bryant or Travis Stephens. And from the eighties I would like to add Scott Dirkson, Mr. Football AA in 88 or 89.

Edited by mirrorman