2003 Quarterbacks

Philster043

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coalfield Yellowjackets - Ricky Lowe (6-2, 210)

"A smart passer with a strong arm, Lowe threw for more than 1,200 yards last year and should have another banner year in 2003." Note: for more details, see report below.

As Reported by CYJacket: Lowe is a straight drop back passer, has several targets if they stay healthy, and a solid running game behind him. This ought to be a banner year barring any injuries. Thanks CYJacket!

After two games, according to the Knoxville News Sentinel, Lowe is the leading passer in East TN. yardage wise, with a 53% completion record and 406 total yards and an average of 203 yards per game.

Lowe has thrown for 527 yards in three games.

Yeah, and this doesn't include the passes that were on the money and dropped. Things will be better this week against Harriman. He should have near 300 + yards passing. Hopefully Michael Paul will get another 125 to 150. And the others get some yards also. Unless they score though they may as well be running track.

CYJacket, I don't know about Lowe getting 300 or not, because I believe they will try and get their ground game cranked up, but he should have around 140-160 yards.

I disagree Brian but you've been at practice this week and probably know more. I think they will try to bring balance to the offense. If this be the case, 300 yards passing and one back getting up to 150 yards rushing seems fair, agreed?

So far, while some things have been impressive, it appears the key to the problem is Balance. Balance in the running game/passing game on offense, and balance between the offense and defense time on the field. Against Oneida when time was needed to be eaten off the clock the passing game worked against Coalfield. Also, the Defense was on the field a lot more than the offense. Balance makes things work a lot better.