Tullahoma vs White Co

binns37388

Tullahoma's game with White Co at Tullahoma was suspended with 3:22 left in the third quarter and the Cats up by nine. According to the TSSAA, both coaches have to agree on how and where to finish the game and White Co wouldn't agree to come back to Tullahoma. Tullahoma will now travel to White Co to finish the game or it would be no contest. Kick-off will be at 7pm. Since, it is a Region game, the game needs to be finished. I think the score was 24-15 and Tullahoma has possession somewhere on their end of the field. Tullahoma has 6 away games already on the schedule and now its seven. I can understand, Tullahoma not wanting to travel to Sparta to finish a home game, but I also can understand, White Co not wanting to travel to Tullahoma, two days in a row. It's a no win situation for both teams.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you completely with you goalline, and you too possum, that is totally wrong for Tulahoma to have to now go to Sparta to finish the game, i don't think that Tullahoma ordered that weather last night its no ones fault that it happened.

Last year we (Lincoln County) had to go to Franklin twice and also to Franklin County twice because of bad weather and us being the visiting team for both games we had no other choice than to go back. The Franklin game never got started but the Franklin County game was played up until the half and then it rained and we had to come back on the next night and the game started back up where it left off. And I also think that the team behind definately has the advantage in that situation, they have nothing to lose. We were leading 14-3 at the half and got beat. It's hard to get back up for a game two night's in a row like that.

Disgusted fan, I think you are wrong, you just have to know Tricky Dicky, The ball was in in court and he just took it and ran. I would have done the same thing, it is not Coach Browns fault that the TSSAA has not set guidlines for this sort of thing. Heck he was losing, if Tullahoma doesen't show, its the same as a tie, if Tullahoma shows, homefield advantage, plus Dicky and his staff have extra time to prepare. I think Coach Brown was just doing his job as a coach on this one.

Right is right, wrong is wrong. Tullahoma should NOT have to travel to White County to play a HOME game. This White County coach is acting childish. He also would not swap game tapes with Tullahoma as most teams do. But you know what, at least Coach Olive (Tullahoma) is acting with integrity. He's doing what is best for BOTH teams, and I'm sure has the player's best interest in mind. Always has, always will. That's why he has 10 years of winning seasons at Tullahoma. When he beats White County he will be the winningest coach in Tullahoma High School's history.

Please, when was the last time someone in your region won state. Dicky comes from a Region that has teams with more state championships than yours will ever have. He has beat above average teams with below average kids, all I can say is get back! Boy's this is not a country club, go back to your Golf game.