Blackman vs. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

You would think after Blackman beating Lincoln Co. two years in a row that people would have more respect for what Blackman has done, but guess not. Look we beat you guys 35-9 last year and that was without Rico Turner. You guys the same team comming back from last year as you had the years before. So the only thing Lincoln Co. has going for them in this game is home field advantage thats about it. Nobody from over here in Blackman is scared of Lincoln Co. and will prove it friday night at the "PIT". :angry::)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Blackman can be underestimated. It seems like the Murfreesboro schools are doing something right.

I think Lincoln County will win, but it will not be these 42-14 scores that I'm seeing here. That right there is unrealistic when you are going up against a Murfreesboro school. I say the Falcons will win 28-17.

I've seen some good things out of Region 3-5A last night. Lincoln County defeating Franklin was huge and so was Cumberland County's victory over McMinn County. Franklin County almost beat Father Ryan. The only ugly showing was Warren County--a 42-7 loser at home to Livingston Academy. Cookeville and Coffee County didn't play.

The Class 3-5A schools (with the exception of Warren Co.) have looked really good in the preseason--and that includes Coffee County who defeated Soddy Daisy, Red Bank, Lawrence County, and Dalton (GA) in the preseason. The only ugly performance for the Red Raiders was the Thursday scrimmage versus Riverdale.

While these are just scrimmages, I know that the way the games were set up, they were all evenly matched. In each contest Coffee County's 1st string went up against the opponent's 1st string in two quarters and then Coffee County's reserves went up against the opponensts reserves in the final two quarters. So it wasn't like Coffee County's starters played the whole game against Red Bank or Soddy Daisy 4th strings. It was an even playing field. That's why I think the Red Raiders will surprise alot of people this year.

When I look at Region 3-5A I believe the Coffee County game against Lincoln County will be for the region title.

I believe the region will shape up like this.

1. Lincoln County

2. Coffee County

3. Cumberland County

4. Franklin County

5. Cookeville

6. Warren County

a 42-14 score is very possible against a murfreesboro school, especially blackman. Franklin posted a 31-0 score last year against them and from what i hear blackman has lost talent since last year so it will be no surprise if LC puts a ton of points on the board. Not going to state a prediction on points but i pick LC in this battle after being on the opposite sidelines this past week.

Guest region4fan

I want all of you Blaze Fans to know that I have the utmost respect for your program. You were the ONLY Boro team to defeat the Falcons last year. Of course, Oakland and Riverdale both lost by extremely small margins. ( Oakland losing in OT, and Riverdale by a mere kick.) Blackman not only beat LC, but beat them SOUNDLY!! In fact when no one gave them any hope whatsoever, the Blaze took it to the Falcons 2 years in a row. Once could be a fluke or by the Falcons looking to the next week's contest. But twice can only mean that Alsup has LC's Number!

I admire the Blaze fans as they are passionate about their boys. That is the way it is in the Boro. I read the threads last year and I could not say the same about the Falcon Faithful. Oh in the beginning they were full of wind. When their team did not perform how they thought they should, you unmercifully bashed Thompson thread after thread. You blamed him for everything. Now that your team is getting some press and some early whispers about the state, all the sudden Thompson is THE man. I just want you guys to make up your minds, are you behind the Falcons thru thick and thin?? After all they are just kids!They read this stuff and it tears them apart. So heed your words!

I think that Blackman is a veryyoung team this yr. Iheard that sophmore Matt Dawson is their starting QB.....i saw him play last yr as a freshman....and unless he has grown some...i think he will be in for a shock....I will favor LC over BHS.....but i do think that BHS will do a lot better this yr them what many people think they will........good luck BHS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, now everyone knows I am a die hard Blackman fan!!!

First of all I will talk about this so called "home field advantage". That doesnt mean a thing. All of our team has played at the "Pit". So it wont be a factor.

Im pretty sure the falcons have great talent. Probably better than our, now in the season at least, but we have some stars as well. Kenny will set the tone of our offense.

Defensivly is prob. where Lincoln Coutny has the greatest edge. I know we can stop the run, but can we stop the pass? Linebackers should dominate.

All in all, i will not surprised if the Blaze pull of the "upset". As the game wears on our defense will get stronger, and it will prob. come down to a field goal.

we could play Blackman in a cow pasture and it wouldnt be a factor i think the Falcons are back to there old winning ways. and for that i will make the predication

Falcons-42

Blaze--14

Guest region4fan

Hey Blaze, you are so right. Bone doesn't know how unmeriful some folk can be on here when you are forced to eat crow.Even if the Blaze weren't from Region 4 and from Rutherford County, I would still be pulling for them. I like underdogs, and I respect and like the Blaze fans on this board. Go Blaze!Light em up!

Hey I am a modest guy. Do i think there might be a chance we will loose? Sure I do. But I know that there is a good chance Blackman can win. Like I said, our defense will be able to contain the run but i dont know if we can defend the pass. Only time will tell.

Ohh and to all of you predicting a 40+ win, you all obviously do not know your football. Alsup will have the guys ready. I know many of the players are already saying they cant wait to play. I mean dont count the Blaze out because if that was the case then the teams wouldnt even play. Anthing can happen on any given Friday night. :P GO BLAZE. Long live the class of "04" :D