White Cty vs Cookeville

disgustedfan

White County beating Cookeville would not approach the magnitude of the Warriors' upset of Tullahoma last weekend. We're talking about one team that has been to the playoffs 10 straight years and had 10 straight winning seasons, not to mention a 10-2 mark last year with only two losses to Hillsboro.

This against a team that didn't win a single game last year and played its closest opponent to 24 points.

Tullahoma will get better as the season rolls along. They can afford one more region loss and still make the playoffs. Since they play Hillsboro in the season finale that means they can't lose in the region again.

White County will get beaten down as the season rolls along. I think that will start with Cookeville this week.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neyland, Thank you for an interesting and honest observation about the Tullahoma game. We wish Tullahoma the best the remainder of the season. Your coach was a class act in going to Sparta to finish the game. He had nothing to gain. It didn't turn out well for him, but there always will be another day. What goes around, comes around.

Other than the fact that this game is with an arch rival of White County, everyone knows that Cookeville clearly should beat White County simply because they are a bigger school and in a higher district. The shame of letting a small school like White county beat Cookeville could never be lived down in Putnam County. My goodness!!! But should White County actually perform another miracle, it will again be blamed on poor coaching attitudes, bad fields, bad weather, bad passes, bad players, bad !!!!! You get my drift. White County hadn't won a game since 2001 and beat a district team, yet no one will let them enjoy the win. Everyone seems to want to blame everyone in White County from the coaches, players, AD to the supt. for the upset. No one seems willing to say anything good about a bunch of boys who have struggled for 4 years, most of these starters starting as Freshman, just so that they could have enough to field a team. They deserve a little credit, but let me tell you, if Cookeville beats them Friday night it will because White County is so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o BAD, and Cookeville is S-o-o-o-o-o-o-o- GOOD, but let White county beat Cookeville and it will be because they cheated in some way, I guarantee it. Just wait and see. What ever White County-----I am proud of all that you have accomplished this year because I see a different team on the field.

I agree with bbfbfan everyone has missed that there is a different team on the feild in White County. I am proud of those kids that have stuck it out and COULD be on the verge of taking this program back to what it once was. I put the emphasis on could because it was only one game, but there is something that is different about this team and these kids. THe games are won and lost on the feild. Anyone that saw some of the calls that Tullahoma got would never say that White County had an unfair advantage on the feild. This game will be played on the feild by players and not in a chat room. I predict a tough game

Cookeville I believe will take care of the pesky white county warriors, we have for years now and will again. They may be better but can it be a completly different team then last year when they went 0-10, so they win one game and everyone jumps on the band wagon in white county, people that I have never seen post on here, that want to get on here and talk trash about how cookeville will be defeated by white county. Some one says that no one will respect white county for their win, who cares that is one win, you win maybe a few more and you will get respect, right now you are just on the way. So we will see tommorow night, I dont care if you dont like what I say, it is my opinion and you can dispute if you so care to.

bbfbfan, you make some excellent points. I also admire the players from White Cty. After the last two seasons, they could have been spending their afternoons and Friday evenings running the strip. But they have fought through adversity and are to be congratulated. Yet on the other hand don't have a pity party because of no respect. Look at the CAVS -they were 5A regional champs last year and went to the 2nd round of the state playoffs and do you see them getting any respect on here other than from their fans-no! We in Cookeville have learned that respect in high school football is difficult to obtain unless you have a winning tradition as does Lincoln Cty, or the boro teams.

Whatever happens tomorrow night win or lose for White Cty they are on a comeback track and that shouldn't be ignored.

If I remeber correctly the White Cty basketball teams haven't been to kind to the CAVS in recent years. We have the upmost respect for White Cty in basketball-we know we are an underdog everytime we play on the hardwood due to White Cty tradition in Basketball. So when you start defeating Cookeville in football you will get some respect. Will that begin this year, well we will see. I expect the CAVS are determined not to allow that to happen for another year.

i dont know who will win but the boys at White Co. have put the time to do the job. They have all spent the same ammount of hours and should get the respect. Coach Brown has done a Great job. everyone in White County is ready to see a good game. bbfbfan i dont see White County cheating in this game it should be fair for both teams.

Edited by burns#4

jgtitans, that is a bold prediction seeing the CAVS have done nothing so far this year to prove they can beat anyone. I hope you are right. Yes those three players make Cookeville a different team but it takes 11 players on both sides of the ball. Buckner has seen 2 scrimmages, Turner and Toline have each seen 3 a piece. So how sharp can these guys be at real time playing. Speed and turnovers will determine this game. If the field is wet then White CTy will have an edge since they are larger and slower. If it is dry then Cookeville will run like the wind.

A huge crowd is expected and White Cty feels they have a chance to pull out a win. It should be fun tonight.