Publics playing out of state competitors

KP9481

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id like to see southeast tn play some out of state, cleveland vs north jackson, al or tyner vs. dalton, ga , or mccallie vs independence, nc lol. id say southeast tn crosses the border less than any other border area of the state, or any area for that matter. when maryville reloads to 100%, i would like to see them play independence for sure.lets get some petitions started.

Maybe some of you Clarksvillians can help me out on this one, but I'm pretty sure that Clarksville NE played Escambia (FL) High in the mid-1980s (1986 maybe). Escambia High had a running back that I know all of you have heard of (Emmitt Smith), and I think Escambia was #1 in the nation at some point during the year before losing.

ANSPA,

For several years North Greene had a regular date with North Jackson. Seems it was always Homecoming at NJ. Guess they need to get a little gumption and schedule a game they might lose. Out of state games go both ways. Some schools try to schedule a team that they know they can beat, others a team that will be a challenge. Which do you want our teams to do?

back when I was in school, (Lewis Co.) I can remember Collinwood playing at least one game withh an Alabama school every year. Of course now they have 9 region games, so I guess that got knocked in the head. The first couple of years( before they were put in a region), Perry county played a couple of schools in Mississippi and one from Alabama.

Sullivan North hosts Powell Valley Va. next Friday.Powell Valley has 8 Virginia state championships,82,85,89,90,94,95,97,98.It's where the Jones boys went to high school, Thomas went to Virginia and now with Tampa Bay.The younger brother plays for Notre Dame,not sure how to spell his name.Should be fun,i hope anyway,lol...

Tennessee starts 2-year schedules in odd years, like this year. Georgia starts in even years. That's probably a big reason why you don't see a game between nearby teams East Ridge and Lakeview Ft Oglethorpe GA. Sequatchie traveled to Sylvania AL in 1997 because they needed a 10th game but had to settle for 9 games the next year as it was a one-year deal only. That's not a very good incentive. Sequatchie did play Ringgold GA in a scrimmage a couple of weeks ago, maybe teams could at least start that (nearby schools from other states). I remember South Pittsburg hosted a very good 1A team from Alabama in 1999 or so, and I dont think they had to travel back. Sequatchie hosted a team from around Huntsville in the 80s and didn't go back the next year. Maybe coaches could just look at the schedules and message boards from other states to see flukes in the schedules of good teams that are needing a 10th game. And Whitwell is playing Living Word or something like that this week I believe, from around Huntsville.