Morristown West at Ceveland

TrojanMan42

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barber had 3 yards in the 1st half but he ran for 74 in the 2nd half for a total of 77yds for the game. He also threw a 64 yd TD pass to Rankin on the last play of the 3rd quarter. David Reeves (Cleveland kicker) kick a 47 yd FG to start the scoring in the 3rd Quarter. Mo'town West will bounce back. They have a terrific defense. # 98 is an awesome defensive end or linebacker. He wrecked havoc all night. The offense will come around.

Cleveland now gears up for Hixon this Friday as region games start.

Edited by CHSpanther

Morristown West and Cleveland was a pure battle of defense. Well, West had the better defense, but a much worse offense. If West could have found any way to move the ball, this game would have been a blow out for West. If West doesn't make changes on offense, they will not win like in the past. But, with Pee Wee Fanney, Kaleb Goforth, Emmanuel Frederick, Eddy Gregg, and Justin Hite on defense, they should win games like the movie 'Waterboy'..just leave the defense on the field and hopefully the defense can score. If Cleveland's Barber is the best back in the state, then, you might need to look around the state more. He's a decent running back.

Went to the game. West played good, good enough to win. They shot theirself in the foot all night. Their D is WOW. The O just could't put it in the zone, they had a couple of great chances but the men in stripes had something to say about that, not that they was any home cooking but there was one or two no call also that hurt M-town. Barber is a good back but West stopped him all night but when Cleveland needed first in the second half he came threw.

West has good back in that Rucker kid he had a great night but when he went out West doesn't have another back behind him. I did talk to a couple of West fans and they said they have a big strong back in #3 but I never saw him on the field he might be hurt.

Cleveland didn't make anymistakes and that was the difference in the game, they are a top 5 team maybe #1.

Morristown West and Cleveland was a pure battle of defense. Well, West had the better defense, but a much worse offense. If West could have found any way to move the ball, this game would have been a blow out for West. If West doesn't make changes on offense, they will not win like in the past. But, with Pee Wee Fanney, Kaleb Goforth, Emmanuel Frederick, Eddy Gregg, and Justin Hite on defense, they should win games like the movie 'Waterboy'..just leave the defense on the field and hopefully the defense can score. If Cleveland's Barber is the best back in the state, then, you might need to look around the state more. He's a decent running back.

What do you mean if they don't make changes? Are there changes you think they should make? Just got off the phone with a East M-town fan and he said that the #3 player wasn't hurt that they where just not playing him in the rotation. It also sound like East is a lot better this year, they sound excited with the new coach and the attitude he has brought in.

What I have heard about Woods is if he needs to make the changes he will, he will give the upper classmen a chance to prove or win a position but when it comes down to it he will make the move and put the better kid in when the confrence is on the line or a big rival. Is this true?

Mr. Truth,

What do you mean if they don't make changes? Are there changes you think they should make? Just got off the phone with a East M-town fan and he said that the #3 player wasn't hurt that they where just not playing him in the rotation. It also sound like East is a lot better this year, they sound excited with the new coach and the attitude he has brought in.

What I have heard about Woods is if he needs to make the changes he will, he will give the upper classmen a chance to prove or win a position but when it comes down to it he will make the move and put the better kid in when the confrence is on the line or a big rival. Is this true?

Well, I would end the Minnich debacle at quarterback and put Matt Rice there. West will not win with him there. Minnich is a good kid, but that alone will not bring a district title. Rice won at Lincoln and he would win at West as their quarterback.

I would also pound Shockley and Loveless up the middle more. That seemed to work. The left/right sweeps are not a strong thing for Rucker, he is too slow. He is more of a pounder of off tackle plays. I would put Rice at QB, and let the fullback Shockley do his thing more.