Sports writers

rochelle

I would like to know who is the best sports writer around. I need to sing the praises of our own KingBrian. He works very hard to get the kids of Morgan County the press they want and deserve. He works along with other local papers to get the best coverage he can on all games involving Morgan County teams and players. He is always around the kids and is very visible in the communities. Any pick or prediction he makes is going to step on the toes of someone, but still he does his thing. He tries to give each team equal billing. He works very hard and I for one am proud that he does what he does for high school sports in the county.

Props to Stephen Hargis (sp?) of the Chattanooga Times-Free Press. He does a nice job and writes some really good articles. The articles last week on Mainord from Grundy and the QB at South Pitt were really nice. I pretty much detest that paper though. Since the merger the sports coverage has gone down hill. Have to read the Knoxville paper for any decent UT coverage. Thankfully with my job I travel from Chattanooga to either Knoxville or Nashville almost daily so I can usually pick up a paper to find out about UT or the Titans.

Thanks Rochelle and Tank for the kind remarks. I have always said as long as I am having fun at what I'm doing I would keep on doing it. I can't see myself doing anything but covering Morgan County teams at least for a few more years. Tank, it is kind of ironic how you and me were best friends in first or second grade, and me and Goose were best friends as senior, and here we all three are now years later doing what we love to do (cover games and write about them). Keep up the great work in Monroe County, the people at Sweetwater, Sequoyah and Tellico Plains are very fortunate to have somebody with your experience and dedication covering their schools.

Edited by kingbrian3