Riverdale Pushovers?

smith52

The following is a quote from today's edition of the award winning Southern Standard of Warren County:

"We've seen Riverdale High School squads that were pushovers a decade ago become one of the dominant forces in the state."

I do not recall Riverdale ever being a pushover by any stretch of the imagination. Of course, this is coming from a former band member of Warren County High, perhaps he meant the Warrior Band was a pushover. Please share your thoughts.

Edited by smith52

The following is a quote from today's edition of the award winning Southern Standard of Warren County:

"We've seen Riverdale High School squads that were pushovers a decade ago become on of the dominant forces in the state."

I do not recall Riverdale ever being a pushover be any stretch of the imagination. Of course, this is coming from a former band member of Warren County High, perhaps he meant the Warrior Band was a pushover. Please share your thoughts.

Riverdale was no powerhouse before Rankin went there. I know they were 3-7 the year before he arrived. Pushover...maybe not...powerhouse definitely not.

Riverdale did go thru a losing peorid before Rankin came. I think what he was trying to say was that every team has it`s ups and downs. The Titans went 7-9, 2 years ago. I find it funny that smith52 didn`t comment about the other 16 inches of print. The truth has hit home with a lot of fans in warren county.

Every team will have its up and down cycles. A great tradition, say like Dobyns-Bennett has, will somehow keep the down cycles at least reasonable. Riverdale is still trying to build that kind of deep-rooted tradition. They are on their way but there is still a lot of work to do.

Rankin has built a program that kids want to play for. In turn, the kids are willing to pay the price in the weight room and in commitment to the program. You can look at their kids and you know that they will be better next year and probably the year after. If the program keeps doing its job then there will be more great players coming through the pipeline.