Perry County's chances?

Guest viking_te

Guest viking_te

lock it if you want to, i deleted a post.

I just want a soapbox to get my feelings across.

I checked your msn ID....are you from hohenwald??

their are like 500 hinsons there.

You need to come to a PC home game, ask others about what it is missing, I miss when We played, it was more fun to watch, more physical

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest viking_te

Sportsman:

Sir as far as I am concerned, you shouldn't lock this thread. I am stating my opinion the thing I have a god given right to, I don't cuss, I don't run down personl lives.

I will make some calls and have people voice their opinion.

Rice'e players will read this, and we will find out who is wrong....I just want to proved right.

I am very proud of the Vikings. They have worked very hard for many years to start winning games. I know they won't win them all but they now know they are getting better and the players have the same coaches for more than for one season. The coaches were in and out like the players play plays on the field. I think our coaches are doing a good job with these players and I like the way Rice is with our players. I am from Perry C. too and the players I have talked to say only good things about the coaches. Perry Co needs more sports and they are so far behind all the other schools in sports and in the classes they have in school. I know it is great for the football program to be in P.C. but we need alot more programs too. But basketball is not hurting our football program. We all need to support each sport in our county and show these players we support all our sports in Perry County. Congrat to the Vikings on such a wonderful start of a season. I wish you the best from now on.

vikingte:

Have you considered becoming a coach?

Stan,

It is all that I want to do for the rest of my life. I may not be able to solve a quadratic equation as fast as others, but I am finishing up with college ASAP. When I played I liked to stir up emotions, like I do on coacht.com, because if you play with your heart on your sleeve, you have nothing to regret. And also I feel that if contraversey is started you will play harder. Remeber the way Steve Spurrier said " you can't spell citrus with out UT" . Those FLA/TN games were sooo exciting, I love that.

I think that if I could have the vikings for 2 weeks that I could win, but with their easy schedule it would be hard not too. If I was there coach, I would cut alot of people, I would only keep people like me, that would endure anything to win. IF I had to only keep 12 players on my roster so what but we would play our butts off.

You can't make up for Heart, Controlled Rage, and a WILL TO WIN.....PC has lost it, I could bring it back.......Once I graduate form college, I do NOT want to coach here in Perry County, (because i don't want to have to coach my friends children, it would be a conflict of interest) and frankly I think I could command a higher salary elsewhere....you don't make money as a coach in pc, unless you are a rhodes....................ask bruce slatten, or anyone in the county

viking te...

I can't help but sit here and shake my head whenever I read your posts. You appear to have all the answers, yet you aren't in a position to do anything about it. What a shame. Perry County has been playing football for about 6 or 7 years, and you wax poetic about the good ol' days when you played there. The best I can remember, PC played mostly JV units their first 2 or 3 years, and still couldn't amass a winning record. You say that if you had your old team for 2 weeks, you could win...HELLO!!! They are 2-0. Sounds like they're making it just fine without you. You say you'd cut a bunch of players...Can you say "run out of town on a rail"? You say you'd keep only people like you...Why would you want a whining dissenter who puts down his teammates and thinks he knows more than the coach (you, in this scenario)? A football team with only 12 players...Brilliant! That's the way you win...psychological warfare. So PC has lost it? Its "Heart, Controlled Rage, and WILL TO WIN" I mean. Refresh my memory...what year was it that they had "it"? You don't want to coach in Perry County because you don't want to coach your friends' children..because it would be a conflict of interest? However, you have no conflicts when you come here and enlighten us as to how you would do it if you were the coach. And you think a kid, right out of college, with no coaching credentials will be able to "command" anything above a base salary plus the miniscule coaching supplement? Whoa, Spurrier! You'd better get a few wins under your belt before you start beating on an administrator's desk, demanding more money. Who goes into high school coaching to become wealthy, anyway? And which, other than Dave, Rhodes coached at PC? It's been 15 years since he was coach and I'm pretty sure he wasn't getting stinking rich doing it. He drove an old yellow and white Chevy pickup for years. Bruce Slatten had the good fortune of being in the right place at the right time. Who couldn't have won with the Haston led teams? They would have won the '96 State Championship if Dave Rhodes was the coach. Slatten did the right thing and got out while the gettin' was good when his stars graduated. But, that is a story for the basketball board, and talking about this here only Marrs it down. :rolleyes:

GregC....are you Greg Grimes.....

Do you think I am Tim Armstrong???

lol, he wishes....Think of another Tight end that played for Perry County...lol

Not Greg Grimes, please don't call me that again.

Not Armstrong? Sure sounds like him. The only other one I can think of, no two, are John Marrs and Lynn Trull, Lynn's not in college so that leaves... I wouldn't have thought John would talk like this about other folks, He seemed like a level-headed young man, not a ...

Sounds like I am not the only one that thinks that your posts are uncalled for. I am from Hohenwald but have not been there in many moons. I am far away from Hohenwald and Tennessee for that matter. I didnt run my mouth in college about what I was going to do. I went to college and did it and now I am the coach that you dream about.

Where are these promised jobs that you mentioned?

I am from Hohenwald but have not been there in many moons. I am far away from Hohenwald and Tennessee for that matter. I didnt run my mouth in college about what I was going to do. I went to college and did it and now I am the coach that you dream about.

I'm from Hohenwald, too. Class of '81.

I apologize for losing my cool, here. As has been pointed out here before, Perry County has only been playing football for the last 8 years(I'm counting the year of junior pro that started the year before the school teams started, A lot of those young men are in the high school now.) We are on our 4th head high school coach, and Rick Rice is the only one who has stayed for more than a couple of years. I think he and his staff are doing a wonderful job. My son has nothing but good things to say about them, and his desire to play has never been greater, and he is one of the one's who started that first year of junior pro. Yes, we are only playing one school (Adamsville is AA, right?) in a higher classification. But Greenfield was a very good team last year( Didn't they beat Bruceton?) Cornersville is usually a contender in their region( I was very impressed with the QB, and #2 at tailback was very good as well). West Carroll raked us over the coals good a couple of years ago in the 1st round of the playoffs(If I remember correctly, Wampler was the coach at the time. If viking_te is who I think he is he surely remembers that). I also remember losing to Gleason that year as well. And our region games are nothing to sniff at. USJ, JCS, Fayette Academy, we have never beaten(although we may have beaten Fayette Academy when Calvin Aldridge was here one of our first 2 years, we were not in the same region yet) in region play. Trinity Christian has been a very good series of games, we both seem to get up for it, and it is usually a barnburner.

I seem to have rambled on. Please do not think that all Perry County football fans are from the same mold as viking_te.