McMinn County

mnewballer21

See what the dill is with the Cherokees is that the yrs that they are supposed to be good they flop, and the yrs they are supposed to be bad they do a little something. I have lived in the Mcminn area all my life and I never have a clue about them. That is the same for this yr. I heard some good things about them this yr, but as I said who really knows.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever thinks McMinn will beat Ooltewah is on something. The OWLS will easily gain 225 yards on the ground against the Cherokees. And should be able to pass effectively as well. Jr. RB Marcus Williams will have a huge night again, just like the other night against East Ridge. Look for QB Woods and Higdon, both underclassmen, to pick apart a less than average defense. The McMinn defense is like a piece of swiss cheese. Mullinax is no dummy. He knew pickins was slim. Meanwhile the OWLS start 10 sophomores, and 6 juniors on both offense and defense. Some play both. Also 2 sophs LB Blake McDade and Kyler Burke will once again have 20-25 tackles between them. The future is bright at the nest. My bold prediction is OWLS 28 - Mac Minn 6. Did I pronounce that right? Extra point was missed due to kicker at UGA. :)

I think that this will be another good game. It will be another one of those nail-biters, just like the two previous weeks. Yet, i think Ooltewah will just have to much ground attack and just when the Cherokees think they have stoped Marcus Williams, Elliot Harris, and Company. The Owls dual QB attack of Higdon and Woods will kick in gear and the Owls will be to much to handle. The D for the Owls have been looking really good this year. Led by sophomore Linebackers Blake McDade and Kyler Burke. ( Who had my play of the game last week bringing down the Pioneer QB in the last couple of minutes to deminish the Pioneers hopes ). The Secondary as well had to interceptions last week. ( Higdon and Landsen ) One returned for a TD. The kicking game got back in gear last week as Gregory went 4 for 4 on PAT's and hit a 35 Yarder. I think his foot will stay alive and help seal the game up. The Final Score will be: Owls 34 Cherokees 28

McMinn does have a very legitimate chance at beating ooltewah. The Owls showed that their desire to win was pretty bad win they lost to a very mediocre Red Bank team. I think that coach mullinax will have his guys ready to play and Ooltewah, if they get down early, will quit by halftime. (Not coached well.)