McMinn County

mnewballer21

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mnewballer21 i was just predicting a Cherokee win. Don't really have a reason. Just hoping that the Tribe can pull one out for their new coach. I do agree with cornbread that if the Cherokees play like they did in Crossville. They will get killed. I just hope they play well and hopefully pull out the W

MasterSplinter7 you shut up

davincci22 perhaps you should stick to checking out the Lady Owls Soccer Team

Actually mullinax is still coaching there

Actually.....no he's not.

I like how everyone gets on here and says that this teams going to beat that team...how about we let the outcome of the game tell who wins? Most of you probably learned everything you know from playing NCAA football 2004 on a PS 2. We will find out who wins @ 7:30 9/5/03. It ought to be a good game, and whoever said that Mullinax left the cupboard bare is on some good stuff! The defense isn't that bad. Good luck to both teams tommorrow night.

Edited by coachcornbread

actually some of us learned it from playing and then having fathers who raised in the game, and then haing studied the past and strategies of certain games over the years, and then ahving our grandfathers have been former D-1 college coaches, and then our roomates being UTK's Defensive coordinators son, and talking football with them, but me, i learned from playing madden on nintendo, then sega, then playstation, then playsation 2, its the only real way to go about it actuallity... besides who needs sunlight when you have the internet as your friend

ok jwinston how are you going to pick the cherokees when you just got done saying that you dont have a clue about them?

Because every yr Ooltewah is mostly hipe. Every yr you would think they have an all american, but can't seem to make it very far in the post season. Really I just don't like Ooltewah that much. I have heard the hipe and then watched them play and then thought what was all the fuss about.

Hype????? Only over the past three years have there been any expectations for the Ooltewah football team other than 1-9's or 2-8's in the last 25 years. In those past 3 years, Ooltewah made it to at least the second round of the playoffs. Can Meigs County say that? I have followed high school football in this area for over 20 years and I can tell you with the exception of possibly of Cleveland and South Pittsburg, every high school in this area has had its down years. So tell me, where's the hype that you are talking about?

Mullinax WAS McMinn. The Cherokees will be okay this year but that is all, just okay. Next year they will shrink a little lower then lower and finally sink to the bottom. No junior high football prgrams here and no Mullinax any more to teach the kids. Yes McMinn will be lost in the years to come without Mullinax.

I like how everyone gets on here and says that this teams going to beat that team...how about we let the outcome of the game tell who wins? Most of you probably learned everything you know from playing NCAA football 2004 on a PS 2. We will find out who wins @ 7:30 9/5/03. It ought to be a good game, and whoever said that Mullinax left the cupboard bare is on some good stuff! The defense isn't that bad. Good luck to both teams tommorrow night.

geez i hate it when people like you get on here and try and stop all this debatin about who is going to win the game, that is half of the fun of getting on these boards. so you can brag about your team and say oh well i think they will win b/c of this or that, i mean it will always come down to who does what on the field, but it is still fun to post stuff on here, so why dont you just let us try and have our fun meany

I think that this will be another good game. It will be another one of those nail-biters, just like the two previous weeks. Yet, i think Ooltewah will just have to much ground attack and just when the Cherokees think they have stoped Marcus Williams, Elliot Harris, and Company. The Owls dual QB attack of Higdon and Woods will kick in gear and the Owls will be to much to handle. The D for the Owls have been looking really good this year. Led by sophomore Linebackers Blake McDade and Kyler Burke. ( Who had my play of the game last week bringing down the Pioneer QB in the last couple of minutes to deminish the Pioneers hopes ). The Secondary as well had to interceptions last week. ( Higdon and Landsen ) One returned for a TD. The kicking game got back in gear last week as Gregory went 4 for 4 on PAT's and hit a 35 Yarder. I think his foot will stay alive and help seal the game up. The Final Score will be: Owls 34 Cherokees 28

jason bennett also had an interception in case you forgot fanatic